Monday, April 26, 2010

Sleep apneia low Gobulin, high Iron and 6 nights in a row for Dove

Wow, another sleep study to do...
There was not enough sleep during the other one. I misunderstood the technician. I do have sleep apnea.
It is mild when a person stops breathing 5x average per hour, moderate when a person stops breathing up to 15 times average per hour...

I stopped breathing 16 times average per hour.
CPAP machine is a must! So another sleep study with CPAP on all night and the technician will calibrate it as I sleep. This explains a lot. Poor old girl just gets no good rest and runs through the night on very low oxygen.
The results on the Iron test were presented today as well. Low iron is a common issue with restless leg well mine is over the top of high. Toxic so I have to get a follow up perhaps with a hematology doc. A course of chelation therapy might be an issue don't really know yet. All this I learned today.
Looked it up a bit. May be due to foods or a congenital thing. I never have had transfusions.

The genetic heritage is really showing face now getting close to 49. One more week. Wow one more year and I will be 50. 50 with a 13year old and a 10 year old! 55 when Dove is 18 and 58 when Dash is 18.

Last Week I got to see the report on the blood work the allergy doc did. I have the follow up on Wednesday afternoon. It seems that I have very low globulin what I understand to be an antibody deficiency. Explains a lot about the infections in the upper respiratory. I'll learn more later.

So tired of the medical stuff and so grateful for insurance. The co-pays are being met at the cost of a holiday and that is a loss but a small one when the country as a whole is considered I am living the high life to be sure. I have decided to grow tomato and radish and ease off on other things. Collect seeds off of the spinach and leek,kale etc for the summer. In the fall the garden will continue in full force. Kids will be out of school and so the scrap for the chickens should last a few more weeks. It is just too hot at 115 to do the work. I matter more and then also the idea of camping comes more easily done.

Dove is in her 6th night in her room. I spend a good amount of time one on one with the kids right now so blog is quiet. There are many sweet silent hours in the day to relax and just rest. Just spending those hours under the wing in the shelter enjoying the company. The surgery on my mouth is almost 2 weeks out now and the pain is now easing.

Goodness!
Well...goodness shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell ...

With the CPAP machine I imagine this girl will be back to her old energetic self in a few weeks time.
I am so tired all the time.
Happy just real tired.
Forced rest hahaha.  don't mean to ignore ya all

6 comments:

Denise said...

I love you, praying for your health sis.

Cathy said...

Oh, Dear, I'm so sorry about those reports. I do pray for your healing and that you will feel better soon.

Susie said...

I guess it is typical to do 2 tests for sleep apnea. Good luck with that one:-)

Amrita said...

Dear pray you are healed of your sleep disorder, Glad to hear Dove is sleeping in her room.

I once asked you what a chocolate fountain looked like. I found one in a shopping mall and posted its photo.

Annette said...

LOVING YOU~
XOXOXOX
Annette

the Mrs. said...

I'm hoping that your lack of writing this week is an indication that you are resting and caring for yourself and not that you are unwell.
Many hopes and prayers for you:
That Dove has remained in her bed and that it has been an encouragement and added confidence to her.
That the heap of medical issues are sorting themselves out in a way that is not over burdensome.
That your jaw is healing quickly and pain is not an issue anymore.
That this week has brought you so many blessings that you are so filled up with love and peace that coming here isn't even on your radar.........even though I love and am encouraged by your words.

Bless you. :)

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness