Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Gift to be Simple

Today I practiced some new things in my morning schedule, that daily thing we do from when we open our eyes.

Sometimes I just forget who I am.
Do you ever feel that way?

I was refreshed today as this wonderfully awkward process is chugging along.
I have learned so many liberating things that have continued to build my character and stance in Becoming.

I think some misunderstanding and even perhaps a bit of religious judgments made. Well I am right where I am supposed to be. Healing those very deep lies that few practice the courage to heal. Makes it sound so dark and gloomy but ya all tell me that you don't hide some wounds that have an impact on who your heart tells you you really are.

The garden is all tucked away for the night.
A wonderful supper of Spanish rice with home grown zucchini diced fine and left a bit crunchy added in.
Some basil also. That is cut back for the frost bit it hard. I had to hang all of the cloth on line to dry.
We lost the rain water for a pipe came apart in the system, I think it was just and oversight on Steve's part.

I have had an absolutely lovely day.
That tending me first in the morning really set the stage for a progressive morning of parenting.
We had extra time to even do a bit of the Esteem Booster questions on security.
The kids opened up and shared their minds a bit.
LOVED IT!

So many accomplishments around here inside and out.
The master bedroom with all clean linens.
Pictures hung more to my liking and candles at the tub.

You know that called for a hot bath this evening.
ME>>>taking time to just take a slow bath?
Mercy! this could really catch on
:)

Today as I was ...I danced


I am going to do my best to explain the things I am learning and just hope that folk don't misunderstand and think I am far from God.
Oh No we are just walking this thing out together.

Gods ways are higher than ours.
I have lived with some pretty non scriptural religious ideas of what I should be like or able to do.
Lord knows I did my very best to follow those ideas to the letter, trying to be a good believer.
Those Pharisee things that just don't much lift a finger to help really.
They become more of a thumb pressing down to keep you in check all the while that heart of yours is saying I'm a faking it tell I make it...I must be doing something wrong is the lie.
NO maybe ya just need some practical help to understand what stops your ability to do so.

It is my hope that the honesty and transparency will remove stigmas and assumptions from the "church" community as to what it might look like to become.
It is not by pure belief
WE HAVE TO WORK IT OUT FOLKS
Now if your working it out and ya think that folks...
other believers, might think your faith weak or less than do not let that stop you.
There are so many who lift that finger and add the hand reaching out to lift ya up.

You who do not know Christ
know this His love is not like those rulers who set lots of rules on folks and then sit back and condemn them when they do not think or pray or believe themselves out of their chains.
Loving Christians truly do add a heart not only full of prayer but also practical solutions that just perhaps nobody ever bothered to tell ya.
You speak up ask and if there is any shame placed on ya for doing so Dear Hearts just you shake it off.

His peace is within the storm.
This life is a storm that only He can calm the waters of.
When your strength gains up and the next gale blows know you did not cause it, there is a battle going on.
It has been against you from your first breadth, satan-evil-darkness- the war began a long time before the beginning of time as we know it.
God wins, that's the good news the hard news is that you been on one side or the other.
Those folks who raised you were one one side or the other.
Even when on Gods side the trickster can so easily circumvent lives by simply twisting truth, lying so folk don't even know whats right from wrong.
So many casualties of childhood walking around in grown bodies just really trying to make folks proud.
Can't even find a safe place to risk being humble.
Left not even knowing who they were intended to be.
Feeling like you just really never belonged anywhere.
Stumbling at every misson you set your heart too because your wounds sabatage your efforts.
Leaving you feeling incompitent at life.
That is the intent, the mortal wound.

Hope this is always a safe place to be...
Hope that you can be yourself, unashamed, unabashed, true heart even if wrong willing to turn round right and come on down to where ya ought to be.

I am becoming free from battle scares of my childhood.
That does not make me a victim, a weak unbelieving Christian but a warrior for Christ.

tis' a gift to be simple tis' a gift to be free
tis' a gift to climb down where we ought to be
and when we find ourselves in the place just right
twill be in the valley of love and delight

ya know...?

3 comments:

Amrita said...

Thank you for sharing your heart Donetta, really appreciate it. And the lovely songs, love them, aren 't they Quaker hymns?

Like the way you covered the plants.

Annette said...

We've been hit here with some pretty hard freezes these last couple of nights, I'm hoping my "Orange tree friends" will get frozen, I know all things are Gods creatures, but he's gonna have to forgive me on these! I like it when you post on things your working through, makes me always think what I need to work through in my personal life, so my walk with our heavenly farther can be a better walk, it's been a difficult one this pass month, I've hit my toes on some pretty big stones...and then I slow down for a bit. I love you...

Nice BIG hugs to you ALWAYS
Annette

Susie said...

I tend to forget when I am in crisis. The storm past through and stole our electric for a day and a half. Thank goodness my inlaws took us in:-)

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness