Monday, November 9, 2009

Week End update

Good morning.
It is 5:30 am and I am just now getting off the couch with Dove. She is sick with a sore throat and stuffy head. This dear child of mine is so seldom sick that it frightens her. She clung to me all night long. Sweet baby. She had a 100.01yesterday and has been complaining of a sore throat sence Friday. I thought perhaps just from screaming while playing as she does.


You know having this little darling is such a gift. She is such a tille trouper. I could not tack the snoring any more and got up to finally go to my bed. But it is almost time to wak up no anyway and it is the quiet hour. I think this time will be what I have this day with out much hope to have another chance to say hello. I am doing and AIEBORN a drink for building immunity. I have my knee shots in three hours. Steve will stay either with Dove or all of us go? I might be forced to drive myself today. That will be interesting. I will just walk through this day. I never know what God will provide or how. He always make either a way or me able to do it somehow.

Our weekend was so awesome. I spent Thursday and Friday gradually improving to the point that by Saturday and Sunday I was VERY active around here getting things done that I have had to wait to do Things like...

 We were both able to do a few of the to do list items.
Steve put the new hardware on the back door for me.
The curtain that goes on it needs the final bottom casing sewn.
 
For pleasure I found myself Ironing a table cloth and place-mats.
We may be doing thanksgiving here I really do not know yet. I just had to do something decorative for the sake of the doing of it. I got up in the attic with Steve at days end and he helped me to get the Thanksgiving decor down it is still out in the garage.
I moved the table away and cleaned and organized the hutch inside the bottom of it.
I found the cornucopias.

 
 It is my spring here and the windows seamed shaded with the dirt that had accumulated over the hot summer. So with a passion and zeal that energized the job done off came the screens and the windows inside and out were detailed. The frames and screens were brushed and scrubbed down.
I just had to have clean windows!
It is so bright in here like someone turned the lights on.

Afterward if you would of had me walk through a mist and threw some seed on me I would of sprouted! I was so dusty dirty.
 
Speaking of seeds sprouting.
The garden is thriving with new life sprouting.
The radish is giving great pleasure for Dash and I picked some for the tuna salad lunch yesterday.
We picked some dill and boxwood basil too.
He was enjoying himself as much as I was just to be with my son in the garden.

Steve came out and sat while Dash and I finished up.

I sat down...

Now Dash was able to identify some maverick sprouts over by the chairs and then gave this little demo...

Dash " Now this is a bad farmer and says pretend this is a vegetable and he goes over and pulls it out of the ground before it is ready, tosses it aside with out respect for it, That is a bad farmer...Mom your a good farmer".

Oh my goodness it was to the toes sweet and touched my heart on many levels.
 
 The rye grass is tender in the garden and is the only place it is thriving.
The dogs are trampling it out in the yard.
 
 The beans are also beginning to shine.
I love to go out and see what is for dinner.

Speaking of foods here in Phoenix there might be a strike by the food workers.
Our food stocks are low. However with the shots and now a sick child I will not be able to tend to them. You know that is low by my standards. At this time of year I tend to empty out the freezers and bulk purchase during the Thanksgiving sales. This is a yearly event. For stockpiling during these sales can be a real money saver. So I am not going to stress over it. I am not able to go so that is not where I need to be anyway.
 
 This was a job I have needed to do for some time.

I set all the seed packets to binder.
This helps me to see the days till harvest and all the other info I might want in a flash.
I alphabetized them too.

I spray painted my shelf in the studio black. Now I have a foot that looks oddly dirty :) the blow by got me.

The boys and I each had a nice match of checkers. My guys are very good at it. I lost both times.
It was funny they do not get it. I really won being able to sit there and enjoy them. The playful banter and laughter was wonderful.

The game night Friday did not happen. I am working with my husband to challenge his tendency to passively withdrawal and is we are hanging out as a family it is just a movie.

Now mOvie night is nice and there is a time for everything under the sun.
That eye to eye and voice to voice is so important!

Well speaking of eye to eye...
My husband just came to check on me and being as he is staying home today he is heading back to bed and has invited me to come and join him.
sounds wonderful
See ya!
Enjoy the day.
Remember challenges are just another opportunity to see God shine.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for your dear one to feel much better very soon. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that your little one is sick... sounds like a good, busy weekend though!

Susie said...

I love that seed binder:-)

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness