Saturday, September 26, 2009

Spiritual Sundays

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
singing birds


So many times we miss the Spirit in the daily of life, as if it were only to be found in the larger things of life. His will is in the day to day. The breadth is his our very breadth is his.
This moment by moment of who we are, right where we are.

This is who, what and where my week end has had me.


Friday I stopped to get a few groceries and the produce lady
gifted me with a big box of beans and lettuce for the chickens.

Now I had to make a decision and I went for it.
This weekend we are having a menu of hamburgers
I was looking to buy a tomato
Then I saw this organic heirloom big boy!
Oh look at the size of that thing.
Marveling at the amazing beauty...
2 pound!
Expensive yes at 3.99 a pound, most times frugality is my first name...
down from 5.99 because several of them were going past their prime!
This on was perfect!
I just never have had this opportunity
and for a special weekend treat I went ahead with it.

A saw it a gift to us.

I used the bumps as diced for supper salad.
These slices will be for the burgers today.
This is 4 slices!

This thing is solid meat!

I saved some seed
:)
Would that just be too cool if I could duplicate it?
That is an investment in itself.
While checking out at the register the cashier kept making error and was astonished at my calm response as were others behind me. We all have days...or make mistakes and the crowd behind was softer...we are HIS and how we example our Lord is spreading our Lords character to a world who is lost of example lost of training and just plain floundering in the consequence of it all.

Creating some beauty for myself...

I have been realizing (the hard way) how important this is.
Last week with great humiliation I realized how often my own beauty is ignored or set over on the curb in my busy life.
It is so important that I show the kids and my husband my beauty.
As vitally as it is that I see Myself how God sees me
in my outer reflection as well as my inner reflection.
So I have become a little more "time out for me" originated.


This is what I have been working on for myself all working on for myself
A new blouse a couple of weeks ago.
Trisha and I have matching tops.

I used filigree bead to compliment the lace.
I just noticed a need to restring my pattern is off.
That is not a problem it has not been finished off yet.


Yesterday again a day full of tending of souls.
We kept the little girl awaiting her mothers call all day...
no call...
at last around 3 p.m. I called her.
They were packing moving out of the rental house all day.
So we let the child rest her soul here and play.


Dash and I had a play date mid day and it was really nice.
The mom I met the other day when her and her boy were here.

Told her I would not just drop Dash off sorry...
So her and I had a (standing at a kitchen counter) visit for and hour and a half while the boys played.
She a single mom (ya all would be proud of this one) with a teenager too.

Get this her teenager went to the school of the child in the last post who had his life taken short...they were in classes together...her boy is broken up too.
Small circle the Lord has me present in this week end.
She is a woman who feels pulled to introduce her boy to God and Sunday school and such.
She raised Catholic is now searching...
The Catholic church she went too hurt her due to being single (divorced) they treated her as less than at least she seamed to express so.
She is doing amazingly and has single handed set up a home and life for her two well behaved boys.
She an adopted woman who is caring for her aged adopeted mom.
Funny....(I have a deep concern of this for my later years)
Now she has a sister who was also adopted who is Special needs...staying with the mom.
She also has a brother who was a biological to her mom.
This girl is caring for and making efforts to relocate the two of them closer to care for them.
I told her I hope my daughter turns out like her.
She felt the compliment deeply.


Dash and I stopped at a landscape nursery as per his request
I had thought to do so twice on the drive and set it a side.
I got some worm castings for the garden.
He looked at the beautiful plants.


He seems ill tonight.
Had an asthma attack, the girls are stuffy noses...oh boy...I think we might just have a virus in the house.
Something is getting the kids.

just kids having fun
They beaded as I worked and a big dinner was prepared.
Steve and I watched a few shows together and now the house is calming.
Kids are in bed.

Sunday Morning...

So the children at least Dash is ill 99.5 this morning.
Other kids seam ok. This after getting up from here several times looking to find the thermometer, looking for a paper of the reactions from the flu vaccine, looking to see what we need for lunch out of the freezer, tying childrens' necklaces, childrens' bracelets, calling to cancel the birthday party, calling to cancel the dinner plans we had to do a shared meal over at the grandparents... stopping my post to get up and to just make myself full available at that point...delegating the needed run to the deep freezer for the daily meals...
then this!

At the moment I feel angry because...

12 pounds of home ground,ground beef from one large roast
is now being hammered apart because the foil failed me! now last time the plastic wrap failed me, the time before that the waxed paper failed me and now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when I did this meat I was so tired and just trying to get a job done.
I have to do individual 4 pack of 1/4 ponders in a gallon zip lock is the last choice.
I was trying to conserve...
Any Ideas?


This on top of the fact that I simply just wanted to sit down and have some down time just for me! Now Steve is just not able to see why I am so frustrated and it is as if I am just this aweful grumpy woman who lost her cool for no reason.
Ya know OVER REACTING! Oh! the life of a woman.
Then Archer who was told to hold her thought so I could just get a hold of mine...
when I get back to her to see what she had to ask said " mom, I was just going to ask if you took your pill"? exhale, calm smile and thanked her...walked away and sat down...
No I am a woman who was totally unplugged for 3 minutes hoping for 20 minutes of uninterrupted time.
Mad hatter with my hair down!

Spiritually the choice of blowing my top...or not
NOT

Oh the camera software all different too!!!!!

When that virus hit my computer it changed most of my work, lost all of my bookmarks (remember that is my brain)
and the whole of the machine is different!
Steve worked so hard and got me back up and if ya know my Steve he is an expert at such things. Yet still so much of my soft ware has changed.
so blogging is a sort of reminder that it will not come easy.


Alright ...calmed time to tie another necklace for a child.
alright I am all better I just needed some time for me.
I think a nice shower and them some beading.
Hope your weekend has been a good one.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

You have had a very busy week Donetta. I think you need to relax and take a little more "down time". I think you've earned it. I know I know it is hard to do when so many things and people are calling for your attention. Your pictures are so pretty. I love the blouse, and the tomatoes look like the kind I really really love.
Have a good week.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Sue said...

Hi Donetta,
You really have had a busy week, and it is okay to have some me time.Though I know what it is like to try and find it with little ones.

I invested in a seal-a-matic, and it has done wonders for preserving my vegs. and meats. and I don't have to deal with my meat sticking together. also I will wrap my meat in freezer wrap and then put it in plastic bags, and it solves the problem of meat sticking together.

Your tomato looked almost to pretty to eat, and I bet it was delicious.
Thank you for sharing your week with us, I so enjoyed my visit.
Blessings,
Sue

Denise said...

Enjoyed reading this, love you.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

When I was a little younger I could put lots more on my plate, but the older I get I just can't. I will do what I can each day and then more the next day.
God Bless you and I hope you can have some quite time soon.
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

That tomato is awesome.

Enjoy your time with your children and family by slowing down. You cannot do everything, but one thing you should not neglect: loving your family.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness