Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Life is full of variety

Grumpy

Grumpy


Now I have been exceedingly busy...
and for me to say that
(those of you who know me)
know that this is no
"whistling hi ho hi ho its off to work I go"
...although I have been rather Grumpy.


I began the EDMR secessions three weeks ago and we are still doing the history time line. Each time I remember more and more blanks are filled in...a good thing but I get pretty angry that my reality is defamed by a few. This is however a normal part of denial and the efforts to keep that in place. The fact that I must respect others keeps me from going off the handle on them. Some days though just barely...

Some of the adults just under this generation are now remembering and asking. I also send then to their Other Aunt and Uncles for information. I have a genealogy that is very well established by Dear Elder Sister. She is such a gift and a blessing to me.

The Baby shower was a Swim BBQ party with all the old friends of my Nephews...bitter sweet and the best efforts to make a very painful sad thing a joyous time for the Mom to be...who birthed my Great nephew the next day.


This is cute little Nico my Nieces sweet baby boy.
He is so fun, just thinks his Grammy (my sister) is the best entertainment in the whole of the world. She is so enjoying being a Grandma again. He other little grandson who is 7 was there too. It was real good to see him. He came up to my kids and almost plowed them over with his happy exuberant hug. That was so beautiful to see him so happy to see his cousins

Now if you ever go to a party with one of these....yikes this is too yummy!
Served with lots of fresh fruit and other tid bits.
It is a chocolate fountain.


The party had a luau theme and the girls did a great job with it.

This lovely pool had a bit of a challenge for my poor sister trying to get it ready last minute.
The Daddy Man of course on life guard duty with my other Niece who is a new mom herself.
The party turned from a small gathering into a large BBQ over night on her and the pool had to be shocked.




Mommy to be in blue
Boy blue born the next morning (induced).
Many of these are Great Nieces and Nephews.

I did a post on the creative process over
here at A Place to Create.
The Sewing room was so ready to receive some attention.
The other day while on the phone I saw some great ideas on how to improve my space.


This will become a scrap booking and paper center for scanning as well.
I love the improved storage. I was given that wonderful counter top from under the giving tree last month. This is how I actually made use of it.

With that cabinet out from under my table I am once again able to store these properly so I can make use of them . Now no longer are they up on top of the shelving unit. The count was perfect! This is all of the scrap by color and also all of the various notions. Now I can sew and not have a battle with getting up on a stool or chair to get what I need down from up high. So much safer for me too.
It is so much nicer in here.
I think I see a quilt getting closer.

The other day I stumbled upon another yard of the black beaded trim.
I just finished it last night and still need to get this hung right.


Adding color where I can...This is the new curtain for the back door.
The walls all white now call for color! But the walls need be white to respect my sweet man who simply wants white walls.
Well I have had walls my way many years it is his turn.
I am just a color junkie:)

This a new dress...it was a $65 dress I found for $12. so...
I made a layout of a necklace yesterday for it.
I think I will really love the look when I get done.
Look at that just for me!
:)



One of the other activities has been to finish up the garden
This morning I was able to work a couple of hours on it before the heat was too much.
I have notice the last two days the promise of fall as the lows are now in the 80*'s
I worked in the garden this morning
There is a post over at
BEE BLISS GARDENS

My cool little son is getting into the Rhythm of drumming.
I love it!
If I were able I would love to own a set of drums.
At our house creativity makes way to drums of items that give this child fondness of sound. Now Dash is hearing impaired.
We went through the garage and the yard this morning looking for sounds he liked.
Very interesting to watch and to with him.

I think it is also a very good outlet.
He needs so much attention, it is very hard to fill this sponge.
I think I fall short here.

Look at that intensity!

Now if only we could get him to flow with it.
Like for instance the Lab...
Speaking of intense!




This is the fix that had to be done for that dog went through several pounds of very expensive (he has allergies) dog food!
So then after this was solved...
He got into the chicken feed!

Speaking of the chickens ...
We got an egg this morning!
The heat is so hard on the poor things.
We moved the coop under the gazebo for the time being to give them some better releif. The birds are in such a hurry for fall as am I.
The 7 Dwarfs
So there ya go...
Whether I am Grumpy,
Happy,
Sleepy,
Sneezy,
Doppy,
Bashful
or being my own
Doc...

Life is full of variety for me.

5 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Wow,you have been busy! Great pics of all the activity! A chocolate fountain...yum!

Denise said...

My special, little busy bee friend. I love you.

Annette said...

Looks like fun was had by all.....and your little drummer boy, God loves music, he says "Make a joyful noise" and looks like just that, but to our God it's not noise..it's music. See, even the birds dont like the heat, those hens and I would get along great!! Those baby gifts turned out beautiful,but a very beautiful Aunt made them!
LOVE YOU!!
Hugs~
Annette
p.s
How did you figure out about your dog being allergic to the food?

Susie said...

What a great party! That would make any Grumpy go away:-)

Amrita said...

LOvely family photos.

I never there were chocolate fountains.How do they work.

Good you got the hens under the shade.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness