Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First day of School...

Comes dash around the corner...

"mom it's 7:11 I think were doing real good on time"
:)
Oh the joy of confident kids...
This morning the security and sense of self were so apparent in my two darlings.
They went off very easily to the new school year.
The sandwich center is a morning dream...LOVE IT!
Dash kept grabbing the lunch bag before I had it done.
He was READY! to go baby...
It was cool! No attachment issues no fears just lets do this thing!
My hens are not keeping up so I made some muffin to amend the breakfast.
Some cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on the tops

Last night Dove came in and said she was a little scared.
We spoke of how it was cool that yer last year teacher knew this years teach...I said "they must be friends"...you know if they are friends then the new one must be OK.
Her little face eased and she said that's cool that they know each other and she was off to bed happy.

I LOVE her little out fit choice.
She used her saved allowance to get the top and vest (good old WalMart)
I got the jeans and shoes. It is really wonderful when they use their own efforts to acquire. In our culture the advertising mecca has made it very difficult I think for parents to require a little shall we say buyers remorse out of the child as to help in their adulthood. It is at first hard to not just give them the moon but it is wisdom not too. They were so happy yet Dove still had a bit of a tummy.

She is so funny she puts her hand on her hip when she poses. I think she must of gotten that somewhere. One hip up.

Off they went.
With Joy the bus driver was last years driver!
I love this woman she is awesome.
Tell ya' when my babies even your babies for that matter are in someone else' care I worry about the driving abilities and character of them.
With her I have ease!

I went to the neurologist this morning.
He thinks that the stress disorder and the PTSD are the main issues causing the memory blank outs and the migraines are getting intensified from it.
He wants me to get into a therapy called
Rapid Eye something something...?????
Also he and I both think having the medication on hand to control the stress response at first sign might be a better way to address the migraine. He feel confident that I do not have Alzheimer at this time. No promises for tomorrow except for Gods now that is a good one, promise that is...:)
I gave him a few muffins at the end of the visit and he teared up a little.
It was dear to see the heart of a man touched by a simple kindness.


So I got some chicken feed on the way back home dropped it off and went to the home store for some potting mix for the starters. The window tenting for the heat control on west window. Last year we added it to the patio door and saw a huge difference of the electric bill. It will work out to be about $15. a window to do our self. We have the duel pane window and the shade screen too. Lets keep the heat out the rest of the way. It is 72% heat out rated.

I made Doves bed and looked in on Dash's room to feel compassion for the little dude.
He needed some help.
So I changed his bed and made it like The Beaver's.
He only uses a quilt loosely never really made.
He was ready to try it this way again.
With his sensory stuff this is a big step folks a big step!
He learned to tie hes shoes too!
He is 8 now and really thriving!

Oh he was touched and humbly thanked me.
Got out the army guys and if you were a butterfly on the wall you would just grin. There is a intense battle over here with mass casualties.
See them on the floor this not 10 minutes after walking in the room!

Another day
:)

See the bottom shelf...
need I say more.
they are all nice now.

Well the day was fabulous for them and quiet for me.
I love these two.

Mr Man is doing overtime and supper is not even imagined yet
So I better go.
Good life to you all.

6 comments:

Susie said...

First day of school!! Another year with the promise of possibilites:-)

Photo Princess said...

Beautiful children Donetta and how grown up they are looking oh my. Mine were off today too, can't believe 8th grade and 1st grade. My little guys 1st full day at school in his life, he did good. When I get into my routine in the near future, we'll have to get together for lunch!

Denise said...

I am so glad your precious children enjoyed their first day back at school, love you.

Annette said...

I think your children are the cutest little people! Please give Dash "High Five" for me on learning to tie those shoes, BRAVO! and please let Miss. Dove know, I think she looked very, very pretty, as always they both are pretty & handsome! Glad things went well at the Dr's. for you. So are you planting a winter garden? o wait..Arizona doesn't have hard winters like we do so you can, SWEET! Speaking of Sweet, those muffins sure sounded and looked very yummy, lucky children you've got! You take care and rest my sweet friend!
Love & Hugs~
Annette

Amrita said...

Good to see the smiling faces. The kids got offf to a good start. May the Lord bless their school year.

~Bren~ said...

Charlotte had the EMDR therapy and it was a good thing. It has a VERY high success rate in adults, and I am amazed you never did it before. Very positive therapy!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness