Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Come home to our heart
I visited a woman today to see if perhaps I might hire her to facilitate me on the road to heal in my journey with having the remnants of P.T.S.D.. It was a visit with the intent that I attended simply out of a respect for her. I had thought of it being a mute point as to whether I continue in any kind of counseling. You see I just simple want to accept that I am who I am and the odd memory issues are just a part of being me. All in all I have gotten off pretty easy (sort of) considering what I have known.

I was so very pleasantly surprised to hear a message that has been echoing within me all the while. It is the message of coming home to my heart. I once lived here within the spirit sorta disconnected from my body and mind. Over the last several years I have shifted over to my intellect. Still disconnected from my body. Well, all the while the pendulum swing of life creating a balance in time. To return to my heart and be true to who I am in all the strength and power of who God created me, to become even before the very foundations of time.
I want to spend some time reconnecting myself to hear that quiet almost silent need of my heart. A cry of my heart to pay attention to my needs. To what I am feeling or experiencing. Fundamentalism in my faith really messed me up in my relationship with God. It took a intimate friendship and turned it into a lot of do's and don't s in order to be acceptable, to be accepted by the God who has accepted me already.
My friendship with God even hindered the religious around me often causing me to feel like I messed up; By leaving another hindered or confused. When God allowed me opportunities of obedience with the divine, often it was a hindrance to others. I took that on as causing another to stumble and accuse My Loving Friend My Creator God to be blamed by others for being absent and allowing a trial.
It says it NO WHERE (IN MY BIBLE) that we will be without trial. IT says NO WHERE That you are doing Christianity wrong if a trial comes your way. Repeatedly I read that considering it joy at these time is the call, to endure affliction to gain the greater character assets that will bring the pleasure, the reward.
That balance...for me to say hello to my own soul. To stop and hear my physical needs. To come and sit still in the quiet.

Each person is responsible for their own life. I am not responsible for hindering anyone else as long as I am true in obedience to the call within my heart. That call to walk in the beauty and power of who I am. I believe that kindness is power. Yet often I have neglected to afford my self that same kindness. This is another thing I am coming into balance (again) visiting this issue repeats. I must really come to believe this and put it into practice.

I might hire her to support me in this or I may not and just attempt to scale this on my own.
First and foremost for me right now is simply to let it be alright with me, that I am how I am (in regard to all things but in reference to the memory problems).

In my mind, through the intellect, I have pursued full restoration.
The joy I now believe (or am coming to believe) is in accepting this cracked clay pot. I am accepted and loved for who/ and how I am by my maker.


Tonight my beautiful, powerful frustrated son was having a fit over a consequence. His mind works in a way that is so highly intelligent that the immaturity of his youth gets him into a lot of frustration and anger. Just like me when I was a kid, and even now at times.

I had a statement made today by this counselor that perhaps maybe I see my self in my son, and that is why I get so stressed out by him. It rang truth deeply in me. Ya know... I never ever even thought of it. This kid is just like I was at his age. I was able to handle my response to him totally differently. I did not get mad at all! I just repeated my boundary with him. I set my authority and helped him walk through his fit! I was amazing! I remembered how hard it was to be me when I was a kid. How hard I fought against the bricks. He gained composure and humility and stepped down off of his intellectual high horse. Not broken but reined in. He just went to bed in peace!

Yes.
Acceptance of this clay pot... I can find the beauty in the bisque and porous texture. :) I will love others as myself...gotta start loving me to get there.

Thank God for the balance gained in life's pendulum swing. It eventually comes to center.
At least it passes it by now and again.

"Simple gravity pendulum" assumes no air resistance and no friction.



Maybe restoration is not the best goal perhaps acceptance is the better target to aim for.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you sweetie, love you.

Michelle Gregory said...

i struggle with this too - being ok with who i am, yet pursuing restoration. Isn't it good to know that Papa is ok with us being right where we are and *he* is the one who brings restoration? he says we are already righteous because of what Jesus did. "He made him who knew no sin to be sin for us so that we might become *the righteousness of God.*"

He didn't just make me righteous. He made me to be His righteousness. Wow!!

Aunt Angie said...

Donetta...I think if we were each honest...we each struggle---varying degrees...but a struggle nonetheless.

The verse my sister Aimee gave me yesterday---I share with you today...1 Corinthians 15:10(a)
"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect."
What stood out to me---I am what I am...because I was struggling with "me". I felt a heaping portion of HIS grace upon my head.

Love you much dear friend!

Michele Williams said...

I am praying for you dear friend....

Susie said...

My thoughts are with you for a growth within your struggle.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness