Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'll catch you up a bit...

Good afternoon folks.
Today is a full day now lulled by a few sweet hours of rest. I'll need to get up to do some chores ,but for now my bones are wherry. Cleaning that garage took a lot of strength so I am looking forward to gaining it back.
The kids had ortho appointments this morning then I had the joy of listening to two kids read aloud to me at the elementary.
Moms In touch met early today due to a short school day for the kids.
Two of the three of us are dealing this week with a death. My dear friend just put her Mother to rest not knowing her souls final result.
I returned home 20 minutes before the school bus.

The children had a issue with words of violence and anger.
Dash has a very angry friend around him at school.

I saw an action during prayer and followed through.

My kids Uncle gave them a beautiful wooden Japanese fighting sword.
I called them to sit around the chair I sat in.
Holding the sword I pretended to slash at the air.
I told them of the swords effect.
Pretending to wield it at friend and/ or at foe.
Telling them about the effect that cutting down your own will leave your without defense.
How even cutting down others you still miss the real enemy.
That our enemy is not the people wielding swords at us. They are just swinging at anything trying to defend them self right or wrong they may be
I told them the word of God is a sword.
Then I had them hold their tongues. They then were once again told how it too is a sword.
They can protect/defend themselves, but they are not to cut others or slice them back out of revenge or attack. It is not alright to come home and slice us apart with the frustration of being swung at all day.
They got the point.
Dove gave a fit for the beginning, then by the end came to me and thanked me for the lesson.
Oh God is good. Gave me the wisdom, showed me the picture to walk into.

So it is yet early.

On the week end we had Dash's party...

We transformed this into...
This
and this...
During the party a wonderful little girl had me even playing hop scotch. It was a bit awkward but so dear of her.
Of course there were presents.
After the pinyata was wacked hard and cracked open by Dove first blow, then knocked off the toop by the second kid I just tore it open and tossed up the cand to the glee of the kids.
The treat bags were collected and in them I placed a few little treats of sports things.
The cake had a good "bite" out of it...
The red lemon aide pot was full and kept the thirsty kids satisfied and many left overs too.

All the kids were up the tree for the group shot.
It was a wonderful time with my friend Deb.
She stayed and helped out a lot.
She is such a good hearted woman.
I am so fortunate to be friends with her. Our husbands are friends too.
The kids are so fond of each other.

Steve closed the party down because I had to get Dove to her engagement.
I am so glad we were late...
The Parent let 8 8-9 year old girls walk to a park from the apartment complex they live in. That is a busy long walk on and off a majer road.
A road that if the short cut is taken can eaily endanger them.
I was stunned!
No I am not going to leave my kid at the park. So I took the other mom back to the apartment and told her nope I dont think so...
I told her I would be willing to take my daughter over there in my car. I asked her for a head count of kids to get back and she did not even really know for sure.
I am not liking this...
Not my way.
So these beautiful girls were left un attended at a huge park where there are many people milling about. Numbers can not help a kid, except perhaps to give a description after the fact.
The two girls front right were on lent fast. I learned a bit from Annett about it. I was proud of the kids for they denied themselves soda.

The mom and the neighbor came home with me to have me string a necklace that the neighbor treasured. It was about to break apart.
I restrung it and afixed a clasp to it.
They left and at 8:30 p.m. My day was almost done.
Sunday morning I slept in.

Steve and I had a date on Sunday mid day.
We went to a Bluegrass concert. Cherryholmes was the band and they sang from a gospel bent.
It was a wonderful time. A childrens bluegrass band opened for them. I really enjoyed the old gospel blue grass songs. The time with Steve was so refreshing.
We had our retiernment first sorta.
Now we get very precious time alone.
Funny we thought "how cool it would be for the kids to get to see this."

It was garage for Monday and Tuesday, today...well a meal yet to make and a kitchen to clean.
Then rest. Rest...
I have been a bit ill to the bowel for two days now and so my body wants me to slow down.
I may have to go make sure I am not fighting off a UTI.
Rest...Cranberry juice...did I mention rest...........

2 comments:

Denise said...

Looks like an awesome party. You are so wise when it comes to dealing with your children, they are truly blessed.

Amrita said...

You hadyour hands full but it seemed everyone had fun.

Do you have to take permission from the park authorities to use the area?

The cake 's a masterpiece.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness