Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day Hike To Hidden Vally


Today while tending chores the kids and Mr Daddy Man had set up a hike with a good friend and the kids are all buddies too.
The wives often stay at home.
This day was different my girl friend was to attend the hike too.
While Daddy Man took a kid (who had slept over ) home I made the lunches and finished my kitchen work.
I did not want to just stay home.
The concern was there would be issue with my ability to make it to the destination.
I got mad! Took a preemptive pain pill and got dressed!
Determined to do it , I did!
This is a rest point on the main trail.
We locked up the bikes, they came along for the way home.
We left them at half way mark.


Secured the bikes with a cable.
The kids and the men went on ahead and she and I walked at our own speed.
It was a hard trail. Very steep and rocky two mile up and in.
On the way in, I thought the kids were doing a coyote call to me and so I replied...
Then came back the call in kind.
We crested the switch back and a man pointed out a coyote! He said that there was another one coming from our direction. I had to laugh IT WAS ME!

The kids came back to meet us once we caught up to them.

We made it!
two miles in.

The prize!

It was beautiful!
The stone was ice cold!
The day was hot low 80's, the slight overcast kept mercy on us as it came and went all day.

It was so cool inside here.
Above my head was this massive stone as the roof.

Is this just so amazing!

We rested here and turned back. It was three in the afternoon with a two mile hike down hill back. I took another pain pill and headed back.
Now down hill may sound easy do not be fooled!
It was very hard to climb down tall stair step stones and slick shale.
Steve gave me his arm



The kids were being kids , and I a mom, get off those boulders!
Hay, get them down off that!

The hike was slow and very very painful but I DID IT!
I cowboy'ed up and just LIVED!
Had to, Just had too.
I am resting a bit sore , but fine.
ALIVE!
Full of vitality and sass.

It was a beautiful day today.

5 comments:

Amrita said...

Enjoyed readingthat Don.

The rocks are so beautiful. OUr Heavenly Father 's sculptues.
Thehiking party looks so strong and happy inthe photo. I love hiking too. Used to do that when I lived inthe mountains.
Then arthritis struck.
I can manage the smoother slopes with a cane I guess.

I really marvel at your determination to hike inspite of your pain issues. I would do the same...take and pain killer and off you go.

Mind if I call you Don ,in India we shorten names of friends.

Susie said...

What a beautiful trip:-)

Denise said...

What fun and I so enjoyed reading that! I love to hike, at least I used to love to ...Not sure two pain pills would have got me through that... but GOOD FOR YOU GIRL FRIEND
GOOD FOR YOU..... What a beautiful day......... Glad that you go out and about........

Annette said...

look like fun was had by all!! I'm too scared to hike, broke my ankle 2 years ago by stepping off a curb, I can just imagine what I could do by hiking!! I like to hear families doing things together, we use too when our children where little. My Mom & Dad use to do things similar with me and friends, growing up as an only child I got to take friends along too. Glad to hear you had a sweet day, and the pictures are beautiful.
Hugs
Annette

Denise said...

Wow, such a great day.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness