Monday, May 26, 2008

Sunday Smiles

On Monday last it was 109* here a "record high for the date"
By Thursday it had dropped and Friday morning it was In the Mid 60*'s
at our house we had a 32* (high) drop withing 12 hours! The lows were even more pronounced.

I saw Beloved off to work Friday Morning with a sick Son and a Sleeping daughter
The first day of Summer Break for the kids

Note the long sleeves. It was VERY cool for the desert in mid May.
It even snowed in the high country.

With Dash sick I could not go for a walk.
Dove was so excited at the rain I just stepped out side.

It rained .82 " Friday at my house.

It was awesome and the joy my daughter was a thrill.
Summertime!
Oh the fun of playing in the rain.
The kids slept here this weekend.
So cute!
They had story time with Daddy Man in the corner on the rocker.

The kids had it all set up with the blankets and pillow.
They did not even stay up they just went in and slept.
Of course they were worn out from our busy weekend.

This is the best!

It it just too fun?
They are so proud of "camping out"
The players of Dash's care have messed up his testing for the neurological balance testing. Now It all is going to begin again on Tuesday.
Saturday
...I went to the garden center to replace plants that lost out in the record breaking heat.
It was beautiful. I went alone and the kids missed out! There were roosters and doves it was so beautiful, even slightly cool on my arms.I got several replacement plants for the entry. I have to keep a nice curb appeal. (I am so glad for I love to plant).
Just as I was finishing Dove came out with a phone and her best friend was inviting us to a swim party. I took Dove and we stayed all day. Calling Beloved in the early evening he and Dash came to join us. It was an evening of time spent with the most wounded of people and it left us both grieving for souls and weeping over the depravity of folks. Marriage a joke and wives speaking as poorly of the husbands and the men were demising of the women we were appalled and the only reason we were there was to guard the children. The kids will most likely not see each other again. I wanted Dove to have a farewell. Even Dash asked why the adults were acting so badly. The drinking was heavy with kids in the pool. I just stood in sorrow and felt so much sadness at the wounded souls. A woman was so out of it that she was set to rest in a room. She was a walking dead man. I was so grieved and showed her compassion. She saw " as she said it an aura around me and wanted to know and understand" I told her of Gods love for her. She said..."you can see me ..." I told her yes I see that her soul is wherry and tired . She Knew that God was within me. It was perhaps just for her that I was to stay. It sure was good though when my husband was there to cover me. He was really aware of the battle over the lives in the crowd and we teamed up and prayed.
Dove came home and was weeping over the loss of her best friend. The kids saw the difference in the circle of folks we have. They did not like that circle and I am glad for the opportunity to have the kids see the other way people live.
They are very grateful for their lives and family as we are.
Sunday Morning...
I stayed home and made a salad and let Dove sleep. She cried herself to sleep and I knew she needed the rest.
I forgot to stop by the drug store Saturday and had run out of my medication, I had received a call last week telling me that the mail order would not be filled until July. So I had a 90 day Rx and I have only 30 given at a time so I called to reorder the next 30 day supply at $50 a co pay arg! I had no medication for my Saturday night dose and the store was closed.
Dad and Dash Went to church.
Beloved went to drug store and they said that the Insurance refused to fill it stating that they had mailed it. When he got home without the medication we were concerned I am not suppose to miss even one dose. I called the pharmacy. They would sell me a couple to hold me over. Daddy and Dash went down to the mail box and it was there three months at a $50 copay.
I was covered the Insurance DID mail it to me after all. It had been cool so there was no problem.
Except...I began to have the horrid side effects of withdrawal...only hours after missing a dose.
Company was on the way here for a luncheon I was serving and had just prepared.

By Sunday it was in the Mid 80*'s.

We had a nice party with a family over. The kids (see the dads ) played squirt guns and I served Squirt sodas, Pasta crab salad and strawberries. My guest brought berries and watermelon. It was so nice. Her little girl played with Willy the lab. It was so cute!

At one point Dash had a melt down.Daddy Man told me later that Dash said..."nobody wants me around not even my birth mom"...speaking of his birth mother for the first time. I just felt like crying when Beloved told me. Dash is seven now and is begining to grieve the rejection of his "birth Mom".

They played with abandon.
Last night the adverse reactions of the Medication thing began to hit hard. I had shocking all over the dome of my skull. It stung. and I just felt like I needed to duck and hide. After a neighbor gave a lecture as to how stupid it is of us to sell this estate and buy a 1970's house. I tried to just be polite and hear her out but it just seemed to give her permission to continue. It just wore me out! The wisdom of this world just sees what we are doing as foolishness. Funny I feel the same way about the mentality of "having your money (debt) " work for you.
Anyway...I was so wipped out that I missed out on a girls night out that I was so looking forward too...I gave my word I would be there and let another friend down unintentionally. Arg.

Dove is sick this fine Memorial Morning.
She has what Dash had. She is very "green".
Dash and Daddy Man left to go have an adventure.
I am tending bedpan and hydrating my sweet Dove.
The real heaves have not hit and I so hope that this is mild and gentle on her.
She has had a hard couple of days with her best friend leaving.
What a wonderful daughter I have. She is laying here resting and I within feet of her to run to her aid.
The medication is begining to equalize. Wow I have to be real careful with it. Detox must be real hard when I get off of it next year. I have watched a lot of study on the brain and the effects of the neurons and such. We are sure made wonderfully. To bad this world is so hard on our vessels.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I love you sweet one.

Amrita said...

Hope both children are felling better now.

Enjoy the good weather, rain and sunshine.

Love,
Amrita

Corey~living and loving said...

What a great post. I loved the photos of dove in the rain and puddles. wonderful.

I do hope everyone is feeling better soon. hugs.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Donnetta -- Your poor little ones have sure been through it lately! I'm so very sorry Dove is feeling sick again.

I love the blanket fort and the splashing in the rain puddles -- we do lots of that around here too :)

Hope everyone is feeling better very soon!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness