Monday, April 28, 2008

What a weekend!

Catching up...
Saturday we had the "open house"
I awoke with a precious dream where God was holding my with a hand on each side of my head and He kissed my forehead...
It was a tender start to a day that was very rich.
I awoke to working on the details needed to have the house show ready.

Our neighbor across the street was so kind and so generous as to keep the dogs in her back yard.
We left and took off to the Pancake house with all of us so hungry and with such low blood sugar that we were in a bad way. The waitress we had was NOT amused with serving children. It was a hard time ordering with her rudeness. I overcame and through the fatigue of it all enjoyed the children and the table spread with such generous servings. Almost all the food was eaten. The tummies were full and the giggles were back and we left the place with a right attitude and an appropriate regard for our server. Sometimes you just gotta rise above the opposition :)

We took the kids to an indoor playground they played and we all had a nice time. I played an old video game that I played 25+ years ago. It was a time of relaxation the kids ran and crawled all through the tubes. Daddy Man joined them and I did not due to my knee I can not crawl around like that. It was a lot of fun. Dash was a "monkey" he climbed hand over hand then sissy joined in. They got so much exercise and play. Then Mr U. went to the car to get the cell phone and I had a message on it. About this time I asked an attendant if the character could come out to see the children. He said he only come to the parties. Then I asked another attendee and he said he would look into it.
He returned with a coy smile and I took the children over to the door way. We were the only ones who knew he was coming out.

It was so exciting to see the smiles on the children's faces. Mr took this shoot of me because he said my smile was as big as theirs. I thought it so sweet to see how God made a way.

OH! they were so happy! This is the character that is Dash's favorite stuffed toy. (a gift from me years ago). The kids dressed them selfs in matching shorts and t-shirts that day. Those are the ones I made way back when.

Well that just about made their day ...but wait...
We were going to go to a wave pool ,but opted for the play place instead. I am afraid of the wave pool. I had told God that I just was not O.K. going to it. With the crowds of people it is a dangerous place for me (my knee) getting struck by children in the water hurts me.

That message...was a friend inviting my kids over to go swimming! So we left the play place and got a cool drink on the way. We arrived and enjoyed some time watching the man of the house tie fly's. What a cool art form. They watched the kids and Beloved and I had a mini "DATE"!
We drove around went to a mall and walked a bit, then we went to a store and bought a DVD for the family(cheaper than going to a movie). We then went out to a light Mexican food dinner and just visited. We told each other what we loved best about the other and just enjoyed the silence of our love. We returned for the children and stopped to get them a taco and then had a movie night with the kids. It was a wonderful day.

The OPEN HOUSE>>> We had three lookers. One was a new neighbor who was going to tell a friend about the house. The Realtor said it showed very well.

Sunday
We awoke and went to services. It was very nice. Timothy was the lesson about how we ought behave as Christians. It was a nice service. I really enjoyed it. Afterward I met the woman in missions who had sent me to the 102 year old Woman (Emily) we spoke.
I made a nice lunch when we got home. I sliced the turkey breasts that I had roasted.
The word last week about the 5th commandment led us to the Grandparents and with much pleasure we had a visit there. The children got the sweet attentions they so long for and they were satiated. I taught Dove how to play solitaire on computer, she loved it. Dash played a game with Gramma and then Dove played it too. The men had time to be together.

We came home Dash and I played a game he made up where he drew a picture I got to look at it then draw it by memory. It was a time of tying cords with him.
I fixed a meal and we all had another movie night with the kids and then it was bath time (with goggles of course). Story time was sweet to hear.

3 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

I so hope you get a good lead and sale on this,, it has been long enough I think you need to be able to relax in YOUR home.

Shawna said...

What a blessed weekend all around! And what a wonderful dream! When I was going through depression I used to ask God to sing to me while I was asleep then I would wake up having a particular song in my head. God is wonderful!

Denise said...

I love you, and I am praying for you.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness