Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday

Good Morning!
As I type this tackle my hands reak of pesticide. I was preparing the early morning tasks of making the lunches. had purchased a large container of green seedless grapes from Costco and was washing them as is my custom. They smelled strong when I opened the container. It wafted up at me and I searched for any other source only to find it was indeed the food (grapes) that I was preparing to feed my children!
It concerns me the package said rinse well sulphide dioxide use as a fungicide. Well It may be used but in this case well over used...now my hands smell of it and it is making me breathless.

My tackles today include packing the hutch.
A good friend called and we talked of greater things in all this and it helped me through the process of packing the hutch. At one point I almost began to cry. I was a wave of emote. I have known so many things in my life. So many wonderful people who have passed on. We spoke for a wonderfully long time of deeper things. Trisha that was really a treat. If you read this ...I really love WHO you are!
We were at a close with the ring of the door bell...It was my FILove.


This is the before...

These were the things I was easily able to let go of...(plus a few others)
The stem ware were a wedding gift but they only have 7 and we never used them.
I made the white guardian angle, the angle with the little girl is me as a child , but I am no longer a child ...now I am an amazing powerful woman! I teared up at that line but it is true.
The angle with the kids on the slide was what I got to fill the collection of figurines in time line, but I never really liked it a lot. The Lords supper is an old piece I let go. As you may see I love bisk. The hummer was just a little pretty I got to recall the gift once given of a hummer in hand during a very hard time. I walked up to a hummer in his last hours and was able to hold it living in my hand while I had to undergo a meeting that was more difficult than most face. God was there for me in that hummer that day. I have another hummer over my kitchen sink hanging on a fishing line. It will hold that memory for me. The floral bowl was given years ago by a neighbor who was agnostic and yet thought so much of me as to give it to me because of the example of my walk. She saw my belief in my life and gave it to me as an acknowledgment of that. The flowers were my old kitchen. I still have that fabric. Maybe I can start to imagine how I can decorate the next home.


This is after the bottom is also cleared except the table cloths. I'll hold onto them until I know whether I will be able to keep the dining room set in the next place. I got four boxes of keeper and two boxes of give/sell.

My FILove came by and gave me two wonderful huge boxes that are perfect for textiles. I thought I would use it for kids toys , but the fabric out of the hall cupboard fit perfectly!
Well its noon and I feel tired. I will be still a while to hear whats next.
I think I will make the children some cup cakes.


My big tackle is...Rapping my brain around my husbands deep desire to do this with no mortgage that may mean a 1400 square foot house. We are leaving a 2300 sq foot house. I have to choose to trust Gods provision! So please help me in my tackle by joining me in celebration of praising God for HIS provision for us. I do trust HIM and do desire to have a home that is one we can enjoy living in. I have witnessed so many amazing things that I know it will all be O.K.. It does take some effort not to get overwhelmed with the thought of it. I really admire my husbands heart to be free. To be secure in our shelter in such a way we can live life fully. The added knowledge that I will never need to be concerned of shelter for the children and myself is also a big benefit. It is a real huge choice in this consuming society.
As I pack today I need to listen carefully to what I keep and what I let go of. It is truely a great big tackle.
I have had some real deep realizations in this process. I am letting go People who gave me gifts...Memories of many who have passed...I will sort things into keep give/sell and hold onto untill my heart choice of letting go of. those will be the fillers if it is given enough room to keep once we move into a house that we might find. You know I have helped clear estates of elders who have passed on it is cool that I am doing this for myself.

5 comments:

Spider Lady said...

An idea for the keepsakes from others that hold sentimental value, but just collect dust, take a picture and create a scrapbook/photo book. Where you could put the picture and then write who gave it to you, and the story behind the person.

Good luck packing!

Amrita said...

Its a difficult choice moving house and sorting out things. You have a lot on your mind Donetta. May the Lord guide Daddyman and you.

Maybe you should return the pesticide fruit to the store.Doesn 't sound good.

Melanie said...

Wow- what a big project and a difficult one too.

Stop by my blog to see my first Tackle It Tuesday.

Denise said...

Lots of work for you to do sis.

Anonymous said...

i'd return those grapes to costco! i buy produce there all the time, and i've never smelled the pesticides. something is definitely wrong!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness