Wednesday, February 27, 2008

MY sweet Son got and apointment

I called the St Joe's CRS clinic to talk with Dr Doolittle (yes that is her real name Dorthy Doolittle) She called back and left two messages that I missed while I was at my own doctor appointment.
Dash has a vision test tomorrow and also she will effort to get him a hearing test right after.
You see my sweet son is being monitored for a condition called Ushers syndrome. Daddy man and I really feel like crying and just hold it together.
Dash has expressed that his hearing aides are not working well now.The batteries are fine. He has also been having some visual anomalies that rise concern.
Dr Doolittle requested that I go talk to all of the players to see if they have witnessed any falling or clumsiness (to rule out the possibility of inner ear infection or equilibrium b Problems.
The teacher who opened her door to me to an empty room sat down with me and all but began to cry when I asked her about the concerns and such. I think this woman really loves my son so much. I tried to not cry and just took as deep a breath as I could. You see I had an asthma attack last night and started medication for bronchitis this morning. I am sick :(
So I did my best to declare that this child is alright he will be alright. No matter what he is alrihgt. We just really do not want the road ahead of us to be paved with Usher Syndrome. This syndrome causes gradual total blindness and deafness at adolescence. I do not speak this over my boy but because of the findings with the damage to his 8th cranial nerve it is a condition that has left him with two types of hearing loss. That can be an indicator of this condition.
We get him in tomorrow that will help ease the unknown a bit. We will be having to go through this throughout his youth. Like a gray cloud of ebb and flow. Without the DNA testing we would not know for sure. The DNA testing is a bad idea for several reasons I am not his biological mother so I am not concerned about future children of my womb (not that I have one anymore). The ability to be insured would, for my son in adulthood, be gone. He will be covered through this governmental grant until he is 21, but at that time he would no longer have the benefits.

Anyway I am with my children alone tonight. Sick and yet being held up by the love of my Fathers persistent supply and provision. I was able to get an appointment today for my asthma, and the re was a credit on my account :), I was able to get and appointment for Dash. The referral for a painter went very well. He is giving us the labor on the block wall for free, and he starts his team on the house tomorrow. then Friday they come and tape and mask and fix the porch roof and sand down the face boards. Saturday they paint and clean up. The team even will clean up the dog dung! They will clear off the porch and and replace everything as is. They will even fix the front door and varnish it. They will use Dun Edward paint and all of it enamel paint with an additive of a water proofing substance that is used on commercial grades. The house will be power washed tomorrow. We had very good reviews of this company by two friends. So I better rest, rest , rest tonight. I need to go do another breathing treatment.

Thank you for your concerns and support. I want to ask all of you to rejoyce with me for I know God is Godd all the time and His love and provision is awesome. As is his comfort.
Thank you.

6 comments:

Spider Lady said...

Best of luck tomorrow, and know you can always stop by, and/or call. I have good strong shoulders to cry and vent on.

KC's Blog said...

Oh honey I am in tears for your little kiddo. God is good and he will give you strength to face this challenge together as a family. Please, please keep us posted o.k.?
K.C. had Asthma something fierce when he had the flu.
I am going to read up on Usher Syndrome because I haven't heard of it.
Hugs to you my dear :)

Corey~living and loving said...

So many hugs for you all. I will be hoping and praying that the results aren't what you dread. Lots of love for you and dash!

Anonymous said...

Raw Milk Restores Hearing
My 4-year-old son Benjamin had been suffering from chronic impaired hearing for the last two years due to persistent congestion and constant colds. His hearing had degraded to the point that he had to be near the TV with it set at one of the loudest settings for him to hear it. We had taken him to the doctor for ear infections and colds on repeated occasions. In addition to the antibiotics that were prescribed, we were also given, at different times, prescriptions for antihistamines, steroids and asthma inhalers. Nothing had worked well enough to justify the possible damage that we were doing to our son by giving him these drugs.

Looking further into health, we came across the benefits of raw milk. After doing some research into dairies, we found that Organic Pastures had all the answers regarding the benefits and safety of raw milk on their website. We got rid of the organic pasteurized milk that we were drinking and purchased some Organic Pastures raw milk the next day.

Within a month, we noticed that we were no longer having to yell for our son to hear us. Then he started complaining that everyday things, like car rides, were too loud. Going forward, he has been far healthier than he has been in his whole life and his hearing has returned to normal. The only thing that has changed in his diet is the replacement of organic pasteurized milk with Organic Pastures raw milk.

Mark Souders
Fresno, California

Anonymous said...

Raw Milk for Healthy Babies and Children
--Some Testimonials
MIRACULOUSLY HEALTHY: I love the stories I hear from our local goat farmer who sold raw goat milk to three generations of country folk. Mothers whose babies were sickly and the doctors couldn't figure out what to do brought their babies to him as a last resort. The babies became "show and tell," all fat and pink. One baby was on its death bed. The doctor said not to give it raw milk when the mother questioned him. They went to the goat farmer anyway. The baby was covered with pussy hives and dying. The farmer gave them the milk, but he was sure that this child was too far gone. When he didn't hear back from the parents, he assumed the baby had died. One month later, they were back for more milk (they had bought a month's supply and froze it) with a different child, or so he thought. Until they told him it was the same child--but miraculously healthy

HAPPY BABY: Our baby was fussy and unhappy on breast milk alone. When we began giving him a supplemental bottle of homemade baby formula based on raw whole milk, he was as happy as he could be.

PURE AND NATURAL GOODNESS: Our daughter was under five pounds at birth and the doctor said she'd be a very small and frail girl. After drinking nothing but raw milk since age one, she is now a picture of health, rarely ever sick. She just went for her four-year check up and the doctor was astonished at her growth and strength! Chalk another one up for the goodness God created! Pure and natural.

THRIVED AND THRIVED: After a year on homemade formula based on raw goat milk, my adopted baby has thrived, thrived, thrived. Thank you for making this information available for mothers of adopted children.

NO MORE ALLERGIES: My son has always been tiny. He was full term, but only weighed just over four pounds at birth. His growth rate had always remained below what it should be. At almost six years, he weighed only 32 pounds. He also had been on four different allergy medications. Two weeks after my finding a source of raw Jersey milk, he no longer needed any medicine. When I took him to the pediatrician, she wanted to know what I had done because he had gained four pounds and grown about one-and-one-half inches in a month.

INCREDIBLE GIFT: I want to acknowledge you for the incredible gift of life the Foundation is giving with your activism for raw milk. It has made an enormous positive change in our lives. My children were literally dying of giardia infection, with continual vomiting and diarrhea. Modern medicine had nothing to offer us. My kids had always reacted to goat's milk. However, on a visit to a farm, they consumed very large quantities of goat milk fresh from the goat before I realized what they were doing. That was the turning point; today they are healthy and strong thanks to raw dairy products. Thank you for making a difference in so many people's lives.

ONCE STARVING: My breast-fed baby was starving so I switched to baby formula made with whole raw milk. Not only did he make it to his first year, he is thriving. In fact, when my other children get sick, he does not.

SPECTACULAR RESULTS: With our first child we had every intention of breast-feeding her but through a series of bad nurses, the difficulty of nursing, fatigue of my wife and the stubbornness of my daughter to not breastfeed, we had to find an alternative. Lucky for us we had a good source of raw milk and the recipe for an alternative formula. The results were spectacular, bordering on unbelievable. She was never sick, slept through the night starting at about eight weeks, ate well and had a happy disposition.

You can make raw milk available to babies everywhere by supporting A Campaign for Real Milk!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Campaign for Real Milk is a project of The Weston A. Price Foundation
PMB 106-380, 4200 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington DC 20016
Phone: (202) 363-4394 | Fax: (202) 363-4396 | Web: www.westonaprice.org

Denise said...

Praying for all of you.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness