Friday, February 29, 2008

Aloha Friday

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing heavy or too thought-provoking.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and a link on Kalani's blog.

My Question....

What is your favorite animal or bird. Domestic or not, and why?

wolf

I think often of the wolf. He is so free and wild. To me he is the epitome of wild, untamed and pure union with the earth. Powerful yet so tender with the young. They are just so wild and pure to the way they were created. The wolf is pure beauty especially wild. Mysterious and silent except to worship. The way all the others of his kind to respond in like manner. It's the howling at the moon thing.

Yellowstone National Park - Gray Wolf

I know all you you dear ranchers may not feel this way. I am speaking of the wild wolf who has a place to live freely. Many yes have lost that place to encroachment. Life happens even to them. They were once the predator that kept the weak and sick of other species in check.

I once spoke to the coyote in the wild. I was staying in North Western Arizona away from home and family. In those lonely evenings I would interject myself into the conversations that the nearby desert "pack" was having. I would yelp and they would answer in response as to where to find me. There were several coyotes and we had a sort of code going back and forth. The circle of my friends would laugh. Each time a new person would come out to sit by the fire pit the others would say "Talk to him , Donetta" and over and over we held conversation. Every wherry soul laughed so hard that night that it is a treasure to remember. How much honor those Wild dogs gave so many of us that night.

Cool video
Wolf knowledge
Wild Dog Foundation Has some interesting things to read

I am Cherokee/Inuit Indian and I hold fast the my faith. I can still learn from the cultures of my ancestry. I thought this was sorta interesting. No I am not delving into the demonic here. Just interested in understanding why people believe what they do. We could all gain so much if we just tried harder to understand cultures and not blindly judge them. oops I'll get of the box :) I guess I am concerned of being thought poorly of.
WOLF ~ TEACHER (I found this here)Wolf is the symbol of the wild spirit and great sense of family. Its power ally is the moon, a place of the unconscious and intuition. Wolf medicine can impart knowledge and wisdom ....... allowing us to share these teachings to help humanity attain peace through the Language of Love.

Denise loves Dolphins

Dolphin ~~ Breath of Life

Manna is the life force...the essence, of Great
Spirit, so freely given. Our breath can release
emotions and help find solutions for ourselves
and others...often bringing joy and connecting
us to the Star Nation.
You guys are gunna be amazed at what just happened as I posted this..
The Daddy man and children just walked into the house from a bike ride.
Daddy man noticed the front door open and "Willy was missing"!
We all loaded up the boys in the truck and Dove and I took off in the car!
I growled and barked ( I have very little voice left from this bronchitis) out my query to every one on the streets! I went to the park where they had been riding...No Sightings!
Then I thought..." no"~ not Such and Such (the major artery 55-60 mpr traffic .
I headed that way to see the men coming down the street ...THEY HAD HIM!
Just at the moment I headed to the big road I prayed "NO God Please don't let him get hit!"
We all arrived back to the house and Willy ran into the house in a flash.
This is what happened .
The men came across the folks who told of a sighting of him on the major road. He was running up and down the outer wall to the community trying to get back home. Several people were stopped trying to guard him from the traffic. Beloved headed North and flipped the truck around. On the major and had Dash open the door and called the dog. The dog being used to getting in the tail gate came around the driver side trying to get in... just as a car braked with smoke from it's screaming tires filling the air.
Willy ran around the front of our truck and got in!
Unharmed!!!!
He got to have his little taste of the wild! Now he is back with the pack. Sleeping.
Cepical (sore throat spray) and a breathing treatment for me, and I just may have my voice back by tomorrow!
Side note...Mr Uncommon and I both had the thought of whether It was Gods hand of letting Will go. When I did my breathing treatment I stood corrected! He said "That is not my way, I love you and the children WAY to much to put you through that kind of hurt!"
I know that was God's voice and so does Mr Uncommon. He stands grateful to God for the life of our dog as well. Willy has been a challenge as most Chocolate labs are in their youth.
Upon being praised for his heroic efforts Dash deferred..."It was not me guys that was GOD!"

7 comments:

Denise said...

I love dolphins, I think they are very beautiful. They are also very smart, I would love to swim with the dolphins one day.

Anonymous said...

Tough...I have favorite animals (plural)...I like soft, fluffy, cuddly animals. Sweet kittens and playful puppies, for example.

Cathi said...

I love all animals! I truly love the giraffe. It is so very graceful. When I lived in Florida I was only minutes away from Lion Country Safari. I would go several times a month and just sit in my car by the giraffes and they would slowly walk within inches of me. I in Florida I also lived on a lake with a plethora of wildlife. I would sit on the bank morning and evening and feed the fish with Purina Fish Chow. I had feeders for the birds which were extraordinary and beautiful (due to hurricanes destroying zoo aviaries) and I loved to sit outside and just watch.

Unknown said...

Tough one... I guess at the top of the list is cats. Although my Siamese drives me crazy most days, I still love her and enjoy her companionship. We've been thru a lot together!

Anonymous said...

Definitely cats. They're affectionate, clean, and independent.

Denise said...

So glad your dear dog is safe.

Amrita said...

Meerkat
Swan

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness