Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen *time out*

I took a time out this week. I did not do my meal plan menu, nor did I do a tackle on Tuesday. I set a side the Wordless Wednesday and just fled back to my youth for a "time out".
Thirteen things I discovered...
1. I really needed a break from meme's
2. I have been driving myself with the meme's instead of them just being prompts.
3. I had a nice day and got a lot accomplished in a very relaxed way.
4. I let meme's be my motivator (human doing verses human being) instead of following the goose ( Holy Spirit).
5. My numbers dropped and that was a challenge for me. I have aloud myself to be driven by the number of hits. I have been motivated by the number of hits to the blog.
6. I desire my compassion for others to be my motivator.
7. I want to have this blog compliment my life and not find my self hood in it.
8. There are several of you who genuinely love and care about me.
9. I do not have to perform or post exceptional post every day. It is too exhaustive to do tutorials every day. I need to slow down.
10. I can share my knowledge without exhausting myself. I can simply be me.
11. I was becoming addicted to blogging it was flooding my every thought.
12. Balance is beautiful. My focus became skewed, I want to share my experience strength and hope. My weaknesses are a part of that, I do not have to always be strong. Even if the numbers drop I can still be real.
13. Although I care about each of you, my readers, there are several of you who I have come to know and love personally. I care deeply about you all as individuals.

5 comments:

Irene said...

Bravo Donetta, the most important thing is to seat at the feet of Jesus Christ. I’m guilty my self of wasting my time. Luke 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
O Lord Give Me Mary's Place
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=12706124956
One Thing Is Needful
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1250520613
Love Irene

Denise said...

Amen my dear sis.

Amrita said...

What you say is very true.
I also need balance in my life. Sometimes i drive myself too hard.THE devotional on Moses is true.

La Tea Dah said...

You describe something that many bloggers face --- and are making major strides in conquering the bane of blogging. I can just feel your relief! I'm behind you 100%!

LaTeaDah

Lindy said...

Beautiful post Donetta! And you're right - I love you for you. You are one of the kindest, most sincere souls in blogland - love ya beautiful!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness