Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Ten Commandments

One

You Shall Have No Other Gods Before Me
God will not be second.
Exodus 20:1–3; 1 Samuel 5:1–6; John 14:6–7; Revelation 2:1–6

In this study we will ask: Do we receive meaning and value from a Creator who bestows our identity? Or must we self-construct our own private, supreme being “Franken-god”?

Two

You Shall Not Make for Yourself an Idol
God refuses to be reduced.
Exodus 20:4–6; Acts 17:16–29

This study shows that God not only cannot be made into a physical likeness, but He cannot be manipulated and bargained with, as are all false gods.

Three

You Shall Not Misuse the Name of the LORD
God is never to be taken lightly
Exodus 3:13–15, 20:7; Matthew 5:33–37; Acts 5:1–11, 8:9–24

Profanity is taking God lightly, and this study examines why he will not allow that.

Four

Keep the Sabbath Holy
God can be trusted and enjoyed.
Exodus 20:8–11; Matthew 11:28–30; Colossians 2:16–17

This study emphasizes that we don’t always have to work in a frenzied panic to make ends meet or to accomplish the many things we feel we have to get done, and that enjoyment in life is found through God.

Five

Honor Your Father and Mother
God cares about your parents.
Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 6:4– 9; Matthew 22:36–40; Ephesians 6:1–4

This commandment is a crash course in God’s school of grace, one that for many people has included many painful hard knocks.

Six

You Shall Not Murder
God places great value on human beings.
Genesis 4:1–16; Matthew 5:21–24

This study looks at Jesus, who tells us that murder begins in our hearts and that we shouldn’t feed our anger.

Seven

You Shall Not Commit Adultery
Marriage is sacred to God.
2 Samuel 11:1–5, 14–17, 12:1–10

The prohibition against adultery is similar to the prohibition against murder: it is wrong not just because of what it does to another person, but because it is an affront to God.

Eight

You Shall Not Steal
Everything belongs to God.
Psalm 50; Malachi 3:8–10

This study looks at the fact that stealing is a form of greed, and greed is counting on money—instead of God—to make us secure.

Nine

You Shall Not Give False Testimony
Our relationships with others should be based on truth, honesty, and trustworthiness.
Psalm 26:3, 31:5; Isaiah 65:16; John 8:31–32; Ephesians 4:1–3, 15

In the Book of Proverbs, God says there are seven things he hates and lying is two of them! This study examines how lying is an attack on the very heart of relationships: the ability to count on one another.

Ten

You Shall Not Covet
God alone is our satisfaction.
Exodus 20:17; 1 Kings 3:16–28; Job 22:21–30; James 4:1–3, 6–8

When God commands us not to covet what we don’t have, He is telling us that what we truly need most is always Him, and that nothing else can truly satisfy us, no matter how good someone else’s things or life looks to us.

No comments:

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness