Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Dove

Today I remembered my story in this....

My children found a dove with a broken wing today and we went to the thrift store and got a cage. I gave it water with a dropper and it lives.
This evening the kids found another dove on the sidewalk and I just spent 30 minutes with it while it passed of what appears to be poisoning.
I love the life around me yet I see so much destruction and death.
My story.
I showed my daughter how to respect death and to support the dying. I am angry at how much disrespect is shown to the dying around us.
Although some may respect the living and even support them in their effort, where are those who have the eyes to see all of the souls walking in death around us.

I posted the 10 commandments not to be a "holy Roller" but to think of the greater story. How many are murdered by the anger in our hearts ,words and thoughts around us and how that is the case even under our very own roofs.

We have 10 great big "thou shall not's and thou shall's" Every thing has its opposites.
Lets give life, lets be grateful for what we do have, lets remove all those things that wedge there way up above God in our minds and hearts. How about speaking the truth and telling our neighbors and loved ones and friends how awesome they are and how much they mean to us. Lets live as Mothers and Fathers worthy of the respect our office deserves.
I fall so short in all these "shall's" that I want to remember the greater story. I want it to go well for me among the land of the living! Not because I pay some pious preacher man ten percent of my wage, but because I hear Gods' voice telling me to do so. With Moses several heard the voice of God while most others didn't bear the sound of it and wanted someone else to tell them what they were supposed to do.

It is so easy to do what is wrong.
It is so easy to get pissed off like Moses did. Frustrated with others even my own kids and miss out on this promise land of Gods favor. I want to enter in to it. I don't want all this walking around and "sweating it out" to be for nothing. I want my "story " to matter. I don't want to just be some human "doing" I am a Human being. I want to be listening to the agreements (the covenant) I live under for the good. I want to be a shall and shall not-er just because I hear HIM telling me that it is the best thing for me and all those around me. Being a human being in the land of the living, having life, even in the midst of struggles; watching it going well for me.
I want to support others too so that it will go well for those lives around me.

The Dove, living here in the little cage resting and the one out in the dumpster decomposing both matter to me and they are a part of "my story". It is who I am.
Whats Your "story" ?
Who are you?
Are you wanting it all to matter, all that you are and do and say and think?
Just a rant about life.

2 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

The poor guy is in the dumpster? Man have you seen the cematary in our back yard. Hope your day is calm.

Unknown said...

Very true.It is sad to see that the world just doesn't care anymore about anything. Thanks for reminding us about the 10 Commandments and that life (which death is a part of life) should be respected and appreciated.

~Christine
www.arewethereyetmom.com

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness