There are promises of a new body some day when this one passes away.
Well in the morning I will be stepping ahead of time.
So many amazing things these last busy several weeks of getting ready.
My surgeon has spoken extensively with both the immunologist and the other ortho surgeon that I have attended all these years. The two surgeons met at the hospital and opened lap tops discussing my case in detail. I am told by my infusion nurse that this is unprecedented.
Thursday when getting cortisone injections in both my right shoulder and left knee I was told of this. I was also stunned as the doctor of 5plus years tentativly asked me...
"at the risk of offending you may I as something. Could we pray together over your surgery?"
I was so deeply touched at this gentle kindness.
For $60 I was given over $600 worth of walker, wheel chair and riser arms for the walker so as to protect my right shoulder impingement and the injury of late to my left wrist (a torn cartilage). It has been a trying season for me.
All around me however are little kindness that blow even seasoned believers away.
I will have surgery in the morning, kids over at the Michelle's, for the night. Steve will be able to stay with me. They will only allow him on Monday as to keep infection risks lower. Infusion went well yesterday. I slept around 5 hours then a good 8 hours over night.
I know that many people are praying and for that my heart is full of gratitude. The kids are beginning school and so they could use it too.
I will be sent to rehab at a care facility for 10-14 days or so once out of the 3? days in hospital.
I am suppose to stay calm and this lap top is stressing me out. It is heavy on my knees too.
I'll close and go rest a while.
In all things his presence is palpable. It is good with my soul.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ▼ 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."