i am in the rehab nursing home
my sweet local friends i am at a place called
life care center
near?86th street and Shea....perhaps the address is on Becker lane North of Shea only a block or so? i was on a gurney in an amulet so that's the best i know
surgery went well on Monday
wend i was sent here to endure HELL!!!!!
they are corpret captures to an off site pharmacy it took 6 hour for them to get me a pain pill first night!!!!!second day, after awaiting an injection for anti nausea that was ordered mid morning then being told by the nurse that it would most likely not arrive until after he was off shift! when i asked when are you off shift he said 2pm!
Steve came up with my medication out of my infusion kit that had the rx on it for under the toung
mean while too sick to take the pain medication I had a second break through episode shaking I was in a wheel chair trying to get them to help me and some naive nurse put a alarm clip on my shirt. Then she stands me up for the toilet the alarm goes off! PTSD! she quickly sits me down I am demanding them that legally this is not alright. a PT walks by sees it all going on. whisks me away asks me to trust her. with out being able to be medicated for pain because of nausea she works my knee as to release range of motion for by this time I had a peg leg.
Steve arrives with Dash in tow (home school) gives them the pills and they will not let him give me one until it was logged in. Nurse ran it back to me and mean while with Dash there a therapy dog comes. Distract Dash and me as well. Steve had to get Dash away for I was a mess holding my strings together with a real massive fray near at hand
pause....had to get help just now to get off the CPM machine, it moves my leg up and down) wow she came fast
anyway I have been here three days and it has happened three times that the cracks of this place have all but broken momma back' sure hope the system avoids steppin on those crack tomorrow!
Jesus and pain have been my constant companions too much company. rather just be with him without the pain.
pain meds just kicked in ") I am off for the day...they would just curl their toes if I were a lawsuit type person. Nope just rather get lathered up and perhaps become a better advocate. For myself first then for the employee's and the ELDERS who can not speak up.
Dear Father rather than sit at the mercy of this place without any control over my days may I for ever just bask under your mercy.
thank you all for your prayers and lovin kindness I better rest now. good night
Remember the old don't step on the crack or your break your momma's back
Sunday, August 14, 2011
i am in the rehab nursing home
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ▼ 08/14 - 08/21 (3)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."