Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Letter of the law

Of late the lessons being learned on the letter of the law have been very controversial. It is an amazing thing to learn in the freedom that to some may come as an offense. Some of the wonders have come through the experiences that left me appalled and even down right angry.
Now through the obedience of learning trust lies the truth. The core is the opportunity to stretch my willingness. A risk that has been and is being opened up to me.

The letter of the law refuses to let freedom come to open our lives and hearts up fully to one another. 
Usually a fear of judgment or rejection refuses the risk.

Yet far better is it to walk in this bewildering freedom. To trust in all opposition to the things that hinder our sense of decency. Sometimes however that very repulsion has to be challenged. LOVE covers a multitude of sin , I once heard this quote. I had a real hard time taking it to any other definitive other than Christ on the Cross. Yet it was the very cross that became the greatest offense to the nations.

It has been through millennium that mankind has made every effort 
not to tick God off
I believe that this is an excuse and a cop out in humanity not to walk in the freedom of Love.
If we LOVED as God loves us?
Even if it were just to learn to love ourselves
we would stop being afraid to 
Anger God.
I know I know that this may be misinterpreted as blasphemy. Yet if what I was really trying to convey could be heard...If we were freed from these things LOVE could prevail and the opportunity to learn through the things that offend our sensibilities would really open us up to LOVE. Understanding is the BEGINNING of knowledge. Then it is in practicing that knowledge we gain wisdom and live through it.

If we never attempt to understand because we are so afraid of Anger, rejection and loss of God loving us we will never have understanding. The chain leading up to a life more abundant broken.
An abundance found not only in things but in who we really are to God.
To our Creator we are His.
Every true parent loves the kid no matter what.
A true parent will even allow choices that they may not agree with in order to watch the child gain maturity. I see God more like that.

What is God to me?

My Parent, my security that give me the sense of self that allows me affiliation with others.
He gives me that sense of mission and the understanding how to follow that through to competency.

Do I want my children to fear me? Is that the rule?
May it never be so but that they respect me.
Trust me.
Rely on me to love no matter what.
Human sacrifice has been perform from the Inca to the modern religious terrorist.  It was that Christ however did not sacrifice himself for himself but for everyone. A big difference. It is our very core fear that we do not want to anger God that keeps us from loving and living side by side with others.
It is the very offense of liberty that creates religions.
Letters of the law...
those laws that are an interpretation of mans idea of the the "law".
It is used to rule our understanding of God.

It is and was through the Sacrifice once for all of Christ that the letter of the Law was written on mans heart. To follow and to walk with and in the presence of one that is closer than a brother or a friend. The Father I an actual Adopted heir. I do not need to fear Him.I should not need to fear others. It is the Law that seperates us form loving each other. It is that fear of God.
I would rather be ruled by Love than by fear.


2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 comments:

the Mrs. said...

LOVE this Donetta! SO true! Thank you for sharing what is on your heart. I love the way you string words together that are transparently heartfelt, bold and gentle all at the same time. The Lord has had me pondering something that fits with this theme of love over law - Jesus loved Judas. So often the name Judas provokes only the feeling of betrayal and anger...but Jesus loved him even knowing what he would do before he did. That is an aspect of Christ's character I know I need to work on in my own life....the Potter is always working the clay... :)

Blessings to you!

Denise said...

Amen sis.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness