Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day of pleasure and rest 3 days till Christmas

 This was so much fun to sit and bead on this. 
Some day a family heirloom.
click to enlarge


 These are the two beaded tops we got for Dove the other night 12.99 for one the other for a penny.
 For the Christmas table I thought to make these little boxes of sweets.
 I wanted to see if I liked using the while daily plates on the Dinner table. Now the dishes are undone and set aside till Christmas
 I have loved this Roses fabric and so simply used it for the table over the table pad. The napkins were made on my surger. I am so proud of myself. I sat and figured that machine out and was able to do cover stitch and make the napkins out of this sweet dot. These two fabrics have sat beside each other on my shelf for 6 months. Now look at it. It is the perfect table to have for this vibrant year. The edge of the fish bowl was beaded with crystal drops. Inside the bowl is cut acrylic beads that reflect.
 We took off mid day and took the family out to What a Burger, Steve's favorite.

Then we were off to a far away 5 star resort called the Marriott, to see the giant ginger bread house. This thing was 20 foot long and over 300 pounds of ginger bread let alone all of the beautiful candy.
 It is modeled after the movie 'Willy and the Chocolate factory.
That is a chocolate waterfall in the center below.
 The log cabin looking house had saltine crackers for a roof.

 This is all candy



 We walked the grounds and had some fun adventures.
Oh the flowers were so beautiful!
 Something is going on with Dash. He visited a friend and came home in a strange way. Rather distant. Pray for him. Steve and he had a movie time (war stuff) and Dove and I watched a comedy set for teens.
We all had some time, now the kids are with each other playing on the WII (a game station on the TV)

 This place had gardens that so refreshed my soul.

 There is a little cotton tail rabbit in the image center
any image will enlarge if you click on it.

 There were a few of these trees made out of geraniums. Oh it was so colorful there. Dove is so pretty in her new top. She looked so grown up. She is using one of my necklaces. It was neat to see her so confident.

Then we were off to the next resort. The Phoenician, This is the area of the great ball rooms where some 15 years ago Steve was given an award by the company that we worked for 25 years before we were laid off 6 (?) years ago. 

 They also had a huge ginger bread house but somehow we did not get the image of it.
 Except for the lunch and a bit of fuel cost it was all free
Oh my this has just been such a healing time for my little family. 
We were all so worn around out by the beginning of the holiday break that everyone was a bit irritable. Now it is nice. Everyone has the shoulders down so to speak and we are just enjoying each other.

Now for the best news of all

My Doctor called with the lab results while I was out and wanted me to call him right back.
I did so and the nurse spoke with me. It is regarding the infusions and the levels of the IGg imune functions. 
When we began 6 months ago one of the numbers was 24, three months ago 
up to 700's. 
This Saturday BEFORE infusion the test results  
1000  !

This is real good news. I am holding counts during three month intervals. I'll find out more about what this will mean to us on the 30th. This last infusion we are speaking about having to have a port surgically inserted into my collar bone area. My veins are not letting the catheter enter. Saturday left my hand in a black mess of bruise. Now to get this good news! We are anticipating what is in store with more hope and less overwhelm. I know to many this is not a big deal to have CVIG and to get the Inter venous Gamma treatments. For us it has been hard. The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is the culprit that is making the vein shut off every iv start.
Nothing we can control, not some mind over matter thing. It is a literal physical response.

Oh if this could just mean and end to it, or even fewer and farther between infusions, that would be so cool! Oh if it might mean no port inserted. A port is a left in vein device that the IV just goes right into.

rejoice with me 
my God 
is so 
AWESOME!

1 comment:

Susie said...

I hope you and your wonderful family have a VERY Merry Christmas:-)

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness