Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

 There are several things that have been on our list of  "one day..."
One day came to hand today.
After a long year and a half of wishing , waiting for a garden sink one showed up on a search performed on Creigs list for an extra hose.

We arrived with excitement to be welcomed at the door step of a home with a little wheelchair ramp.
Opening the door was Eric.
Eric's 4 year old son Darrick was eating a sandwich in his tiny wheelchair.

Eric and his family are being transferred to Texas leaving this Saturday to get her set up in her new job. He and the child will return in a week to finish packing up the house that the movers will charge by the pound to move.

I was taken to the back yard and told to help myself to any thing that might be of benefit to us.
 
 He also a gardener had the heart of one. His garden still in the late days of summer bore a few fruits and massive sunflowers set to seed for the birds.


this is the sink I went to fetch for $50.
It was also to be including the extra hoses.

The base of sink is to the right those are the hoses to the left.
Now look at the quality of those hoses.


My kids lovingly played with Derrick for they have been raised around special needs kids and taught to be at ease with wheel chairs. As Dash sat on the floor with this child and played we were shown this mans wonderful aquariums and the many beautiful fish stands. Shown empathy at his relocation he was of semi good spirits. We all enjoyed each other. He a wood worker and I a former student of woodworking found great joy in the beauty of the kitchen items he so humbly showed me that he had made for his wife. We were speaking of his turtles that he had given or sold within the days surrounding this shift in residency. He added he had one other and showed us the little aquarium.We spoke of other things he might be selling. When he showed us the turtle and there was a deep freezer in the room. He then opened it.

"could you make use of a large pork shoulder" he asked. 
"I got them on special, to make tamolies out of."

I am waiting with supplies in pantry to take a day to learn how to make tamolies to freeze, no joke!


"Oh what about a turkey? Could you make use of it" he asked

Now remember my freezer was running low.
I just inventoried it Monday and was using up the last of the meat.
:)
I had grabbed $60. cash for I only had 20.'s, on the way I remembered I had a $10. in my wallet so I placed the $10. in my pocket too. I asked him if I could share the extra $20 with him for he had been so very generous. 
He teared back with appreciation.


As readers you are so often a 'fly on the wall' as it were.
so get this...
"Lord I really am bummed my tomatoes did so poorly" say I.
"wish I had some..."
"I sure miss my basil" thought I just the day before yesterday when I was at a store selling small plants.

Wow how cool it was last week when I found a few onions left in the garden...
"while digging them up " I wish I had more of these"

Two weeks ago "Mom I wish I could have a gold fish", well I told Dash when we can we will look into getting on for you. I think your ready I told him. "we don't have a bowl for it". Thinking thrift store soon to get on. Must remember.
Eric gave Dash the bowl with gravel, gold fish, NEW can of food and the net.

"pull and harvest anything left in the beds" he said. Come back with an empty truck and you can have all the soil (nice soil) in the raised beds. That have been dried for a week now. Nice easy loads.

As I was coiling this hose that sits in this blazing sun this week I thought. 
"I could sure use a real"...

"BBQ would be so much easier Lord if I had a little table"

One day at the folks I was in a back room and saw a table just like this and thought what a cool table. 
It is collapsible. Just needs to be washed off.
Last fall...
(my old small screen)
While in use " Lord this has holes that are too small for first screen."
"gotta get Steve to make me a new one Lord, I suggested"

Eric said my beds were 3 foot in width..."oh mine too say I"

Last night we had an amazing 2 inches of rain within a 20 minute storm.
Look at the water tank!

Now I have to get the garden prepared for the seeding within a 2-4 week time frame.
Tomorrow I go back to be given all of the soil out of his raised beds.
Kids this is soil he got when working at the Home Depot every torn bag was given him free.
This is good like way good soil.
The sink better than anything I have seen.
It recoils that beautiful hose with nozel with the water presure.
Hook

Last week I was told about giving the chickens a bowl of water to dip there feet in during the heat.
I had never heard such thing but found an old plant bottom just yesterday that was a bit iffy at best.
Today the girls even have a nice metal wading pool.


School begins in a week and with the kids getting older the idea of mom right there at the bus stop is well humbling for them. Now as I had imagined and only thought in my wildest dreams...well I thought the other day to ask God for one.
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Malacki 3:10


The dogs are happily cool inside now
We are training them to use the new dogie door.

Steve won a $25 gift card at work a while ago.
We were able to get a door.

It fits along side the glass Arcadia door. The dogs are now using it.
My Lab peed one time and was out in an instant. Has not done it again. Of course it was on my clothe around the cutting table. I guess I should be flattered...I am his you know.


I love being friends with he who owns the universe and makes every comfort so sweetly abundant.
My children were really so moved by little Derrick. They Played with him. Dash told us on the way home...

"mom, I told Derrick that don't let anyone tell you that you are any different than them. You just use a chair to get around that's all" Oh I love my boy.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, praise God.

Annette said...

God will always provide for his children, no need or want is ever too small for him...Ask and you shall receive!!

LOVE you all
Hugs to everyone
Annette

Annette said...

God always take care of children, no want or need is ever too small for him, ask and you shall receive.

I love you
Hugs to all
Annette

Amrita said...

Gosh Donetta you got some really good stuff from Eric an d th e food too. I lik e th e outdoor sink.

I love what Dash told Derrick.

the Mrs. said...

He is so good.....and He is so good to give you the awareness of how good He is and the ability to share it so beautifully.

Unknown said...

Donetta,

Girl, I loved reading all of this. The table, the garden, your son, the dog peeing in the house, made me grin.

I love you so much and it was as if I just paid a visit to your home for a few days. What a great treat.

Love you.... Love Jesus. Happy TT. Love and hugs, Lynn

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness