Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Iris @ Grace Alone is hosting Thankful Thursday today :)
No more braces!
How merciful is the Creator of this child. She NEVER had one issue in the entire time!
Her smile is so bright now.
So amazing the ease of it, and yesterday we took her to have her teeth cleaned too...
NO CAVITIES! after 18 months of braces!
It is a wonderful wonderful thing to behold. It was like the first day of kindergarten I cried.
What an honor and privilege to be able to give this to her.
Thankful? Oh so very! She did so well yesterday. Growing up the 13th birthday only a month away.
She has on a home made night gown that I made at least 15 years ago.
OH a daughter...my daughter. The days are so sweet seeing her grow. 
She has been grounded every since the last day of school and she is doing well with it.

Last night we all had a fun time at the kitchen table. Dash had a Lego man and somehow we all started up a impromptu game of "flick the Lego" across the table like table top football.
It was a blast! When it was my first turn some how I flicked that little thing dead center of Doves forehead. I laughed so hard my ribs hurt. Started me when they did. It was so good to laugh!
I really really hit a funny bone. Just could not hold it back. We all laughed they were laughing at me laugh. Then I looked over at my sweet son and he was crying. He was in pain. Three cavities filled and a swollen lip too. Sweet baby slept on the sofa. He is still there now.

Around the time Dash was born, before I even knew he could be my son there was a choice. We had started and stopped his adoption. The process caught us right in the middle of mass lay offs at Daddy mans employ. After working at the same company for over 25 years we faced unemployment for the first time in his life. 
I was at the dentist where she was telling me I needed to pull two teeth and get braces for my bottom teeth. They were sliding forward as well as the top teeth. I thought it over and refused because I had a son in my heart. Soon after we reopened the process to get our boy . We were matched and soon (well it was really months and months later) we were on the way to Russia to get him.
Now this day, today I wept with joy and gratitude as we were able to see the fruit of all of the mercy and ability...
My girl has the most beautiful teeth.
She had surgery for a supper numerary tooth. It was an adult size tooth that grew in her upper palate right toward the front teeth. She also had a second surgery to remove 4 teeth to fix the damage.

Now she will have the most wonderful grin. Even these years later Daddy Man misses her toothy grin.
Dove is so beautiful and NO CAVITIES!
Oh the hours Daddy Man spent with her at night tending to her teeth while I tended to dinner dishes and chores. WOW!
We just paid them off in full last month.
I am in a depth of gratitude that HE made us able to do this for her.



Ears of corn-on-the-cob... complete with corn shaped plates and 
corn cob holders.
Oh yes we had corn on the cob.
We stopped and got her a pack of Gum (sugar free of course)

6 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

she is growing up so fast and BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I will set aside seme time when I am off and visit PROMISE!

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Donetta, what a grateful heart you have. Those two children were definitely meant for you. I love your heart of a mama as you forsook getting your own needs met so you could get your son.

BTW, your daughter does have a beautiful smile! I know what it is to have braces as I had them as an adult but it's worth it after they are gone.

Blessings and hugs to you,
Debbie

Susie said...

Great to be grateful:-)

Denise said...

She is so precious, and her teeth look so awesome. I am so happy for her. Glad you are enjoying time with your children. I love you.

LisaShaw said...

Donetta, I LOVE YOU GIRL!

Great photos of the kids and I'm rejoicing with you and your family. What a great smile!!!

Annette said...

Miss. Dove is a very beautiful young lady, but God doesnt create ugly, all things he creates are beautiful!!
Your children are so very lucky to have you and our husband for parents, God picked the 2 of you for their parents before the 2 of you even knew you'd be adopting!!

I LOVE YOU ALL
and hugs to all as well~
Annette

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness