Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today

Its a nice day today here. I have been working on the house, I baked a turkey and just finished the gravy. Cooking gravy my way is a long hot process, but oh man... it is so rich and thick!
This is an old post of how it was done.
Kids just shut off the t.v. and the Daddy man will be home soon.
I Love him so much. I have been thinking a lot the last couple of days about what a great friend I have in him. We are such a team in life. The feeling and experience of privilege that comes with being a team with him is so secure and safe. We have worked a lifetime together. Looking forward to our continued partnership is so dear to me. I am touched by the reality that we have this great love between us. Even with all the challenges and trial we have known we are for each other. I am so in love with this man. My friend and partner. We are working hard together to make life work out.
I was reading in the book of James today...He is a good man. How many suffer with men who shame them and disgrace the family. How awful it would be to live like that. I found myself all but crying at the thought of it. So many hurt do deeply.

Two days ago I had a time of loving prayer, and I was reminded of an event that happened many many years ago. It was the day before the death of an amazing woman of God. I was told to visit her and I did. At that visit I was involved in a lengthly discussion with a man who had had a stroke. It was such a joy and I was naive and in my joy I told his wife of our talk where upon she raged in my face. It was a hard lesson learned.
It was what that man said to me that flashed in vision before my face.
He said..."Who will come when you leave?"
I remembered the event and the wonder of Grandma passing that night knowing she was going home to her Lord.
I dozed back off to sleep and dreamed of visiting a nursing home and placing my hand on the cheek of a face with oxygen on her nose. then I awoke.
I told the Lord Here I am...
Today I called a woman in missions at church and told her.
She gave me the number of a daughter of a 102 year old woman who she knew would love a visitor.
I called the daughter telling her of this.
I will attend a visit to dear 102 year old Emilie tomorrow at 1 p.m.

I will see what is before me as I walk into what I am to do.
It is the widow and the orphan who cry alone.
The worse thing I have ever known in my life is that utter aloneness.
It is a prison of isolation that deprives one of the truth of their existence.
This is a prison that we can set free those who have need for a simple reminder that they do exist. That their existence does matter.
Their breath is not a void but a gift.
My heart reaches out to the widow, widower and orphan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how to make a turkey. The only time I get to eat it is during the holidays. I would love some right now!

Amrita said...

praising the Lord with you Donetta

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness