Sunday, April 13, 2008

Monday Morning

Monday Morning Meme at writefromkaren.com


Join us over at "Write from Karen"
April 14th Questions:

1. If you had one week to do anything you wanted, unlimited means to do so, what are some of the things you would try to do?

I would take all the means and pay off our mortgage completely. Then I would board the dogs at a kennel and take the family to Disney Land and to the San Diego area. We would play and laugh together. Then we would come home and decide if we are really going to move or not. Having the mortgage not be a factor anymore.

2. What’s the last thing you bought for yourself? Do you buy yourself things very often? If you were rich, would you buy yourself things more often? Why or why not?

Friday Evening I went out with a friend and got a cute top for $7. and then a t shirt Cammi to go under it for $5. It is very cute. I wore it to the pick nick on Saturday and felt beautiful. I do not often buy things for myself due to budget. If I were rich I would not change too much I think but I would exchange my clothes that are baggy mom t-shirts for a more age appropriate design that I felt pretty in. I think I would have more fun giving and sharing though.

3. When was the last time you sang? What did you sing? Do you ever sing in front of people? Why or why not? Does your significant other sing well? If you were (are) a good singer and it was financially within your means to do so, would you ever consider auditioning for American Idol?

I sang this morning in church. I sang a worship song. I once (years ago) sang in a choir for the large company that we were laid off from. I also sang for a choir at the church where I met my husband some 26 years ago. I do not sing any more due to the loss of my voice after I had a radical hysterectomy, my clear soprano voice cracked and I can no longer hold key. I took lessons at a college but I was too attached to the song (Places I remember" by the Beatles and I lost the words in a panic. That rehearsal was my last performance.

My Husband used to play guitar and sing. He is a John Denver type singer I love his voice. I would not audition.

4. If you found $1000 dollars in an unmarked wallet on the street, what would you do? Be specific. Don’t just say, “keep it,” Or “turn it in.” WHY would you keep it? HOW would you turn it in? (And if you turned it in, would you follow up to see if anyone claimed it later?)

I would make a poster did you loose something please call and tell me what it was... If no one called or inquired of it It would be kept. If it were called and identified I would gladly give it to the owner. It would be more important to do what was right. I could not feel free to keep it unless I tried to find the owner. This just happened with a diamond ring on my hand tonight. We had it tested and it is not a real diamond. I still tried to find the owner on Creigs list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks about the diamond!

Marianne Arkins said...

Dang! I didn't even think about paying off the morgage. Yep, that would be a good thing to do.

Have a great day!

Denise said...

I have been going back into the posts from the middle of last year and reading........ You have touched my heart.............

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness