Monday, April 7, 2008

Marriage Monday

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Marriage For Happiness or Holiness?
Click above for more posts on this topic, or to add your own.

As I sit and type this I am impressed with the idea of what holiness means to me. Clean hands and a pure heart. Free of bitterness fleeing it like it is a plague.
Bitterness.
It inters into marriages like a masked bandit. It is a culprit of devision. Bitterness is the begining of shadows that blur a pure heart into tainted ideas and concepts.

Guarding oneself is often less confounding than you might think.
Three major enemies of any good life is

1. Being too tired
2. To Hungry
3. Too Lonely


We are a triune being Body soul (mind) and spirit ( a spirit renewed or not)
If we hunger for food, touch, education, mental stimulus, fellowship and friendship with God or others. If we need rest of body, or our mind is overwhelmed or our cup has run dry spiritually, or we need for physical intimacy we are made more vulnerable. If we are isolated, or do not get enough time with our mate or even with mutual friends these things can make us open prey to the enemy of hearts.
Bitterness is a weed best prevented to germinate, but if it does it is best to pull it soon as to not let root set and become entwined in words and regretful deeds. If it does set and flower leaves pod to the wind the havoc of seed tossed to wind makes healing a hard thing. Not impossible but you'll be pulling weeds for a long long time.

Words are seeds, pick a crop you'll be glad to live with.
Yet there are times to expose seed stores in such a way as the wounding of the other is lessoned. Some weeds are stored up. They are bagged into chambers of resentments secretly stowed for the future. Perhaps your mate hurts you and you forgive but it is still a root.
The weed may have been pulled but if you miss the root it can grow back sometimes that weed will be stronger than the one first pulled. It mulled in the soil of heart so long that the root is fast holding the deeper ground. These often need to be poisoned with the miraculous.


So Just know that Holiness is assaulted by temptations. The soil of your heart must be tilled and tendered by choice.
We must guard our hearts at all costs.
Just know that your enemy will assail you when you are at your weakest place. Assume it is him, feeding your mind with the bitter seed, he would so love to set. He is full of "crap" too he uses it to fertilize his crop. :)


Now as for happiness....
Happiness is peace with God.
Peace with man is the absence of strife.
I avoid strife like the plague it is.
That is what it is with me anyway.
Marriage is work, it is an endearing friendship that ebbs and flows. One that will flourish best when we receive what is given in gratitude and make known our desires and needs with a gentle yet firm voice. We will not always get what we want but that which God wants for us must be our goal. Not always happy but at peace. Peace is fought for it does not just come up to us and say "here I am" I am sure of Peace being a goal a quest of attainment through working out our own maturation. Supporting our mates as well as they work out theirs.

Happiness is a moment
that is fine, it feels good. It is however a moment. Peace is a life style choice. I am not speaking of subjection here in any way. I want the very best for him and for myself. In sickness and in health. We are not "happy" when one of us is sick and it hampers the others efforts or experience day to day, but it is the peace the health for each other in the midst of the storm.
Life is a battle.
If you chose sides intentionally or not you will have your standing on one side or the other. Know that life is an adventure. Marriage is sharing that adventure. With courage, and a desire to keep a soft heart toward each other.

Know who the "real" enemy is and your Happiness will not just be limited to a moment.
It becomes Peace, Joy. Long suffering that is doable and a pleasure to love another in a way that is removed of greed of the "I". I have known this love for 26 years now, and I have given this love and it is the real happiness not the counterfeit that sets so many up for desperate disappointment's.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have given this love and it is the real happiness not the counterfeit that sets so many up for desperate disappointment's.

Oh Donetta, wonderful post. I also had not thoughtabout bitterness and how we desperately need to weed it out at the beginning. wonderful!

Kate said...

I've been up to my elbows in weeds and dirt all day today. Makes me appreciate your gardening analogy all the more I think.

I love that you say peace is a choice. You are most right.

Kate

Susannah said...

You've mention bitterness in your post. Yes, bitterness is lethal to a marriage. We must learn to forgive when we are offended, for God has forgiven us first.

I agree that words are seeds. We must be careful how we sow our words, so we harvest a good fruit. We must guard our speech and our hearts in our marriage.

Thank you for contributing to Marriage Monday today, Donetta.

I hope you enjoy your new apron when it arrives!

Blessings, e-Mom

Anonymous said...

i like how you said life is a battle! how true!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Bitterness is a terrible blight on the self-centred life. Only God can root it out and it hurts but is worth it.

Lovely thoughts.

~blessings.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness