Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wow!...Friday/Saterday/Sunday busy...busy!

Sunday!
How did it get to be SUNDAY ?

Well Friday Morning I met up with Doves class for a field trip.
Three of us Room Mothers joined the Teacher in doing tasks the Teacher received help from us in.
While the two other Mothers were grading papers , I cleaned up the class room and then had the privilege of going to the school library to help the Teacher by choosing five story books. They were doing a unit on folk lore and so I found some good books on values and character tales. I returned with the books just as the last two kids (Dove and her friend) were awaiting my arrival.
We all walked to the buses and boarded.
We went to a High School to see a performance of "Paul Revere".

Volume...Well need I say much more?... :)

We disembarked some 20 minutes later at a Very large , new High School where we joined around 1500 other 3rd graders! VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!

We were the last buses to arrive and to be dismissed at the end of the play.
Her class behaved very well.

The play was performed by a professional troop from New York City.
It was very well performed.


They waited respectfully in their seats while the whole of the massive auditorium exited.

See how large it is.. the sound from all those children was deafening...literally...a migraine set in about half way through the performance. The audience was well behaved but they were provoked to volume by the woman who was on stage from the school district. She had them cheering. VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!!!magnified!

The children opted out of a 15 minute recess and ate a very late lunch in the room. The teacher had fed them all peanut better sandwiches before they left for the play but the kids were so hungry. I went and got something for my head ache from the nurse and returned to have lunch with Dove. They ate and went off to recess. The other Mothers and I cleaned up the room.
I went over to Dash's classroom and stayed there for the remainder of the afternoon. Dash had a Spanish lesson and a "feeling lesson" . His teacher showed me a "research paper" Dash had just finished on the state of Minnesota. He is doing 3-5th grade work in 1st grade! I then took the children home at 3 P.M..

The children snacked and rested a while.
Beloved came home at 4 P.M. and we all had a simple supper.
We were able to register the kids for a free Hokey Lesson so we had to go do the sign up and get the loaned uniforms and equipment.

They had a fitting, and came home to a bath and a movie night with Dad.
Mom was knocked out with the migraine it went into the outer limits of manageability. I was in a dark room and medicated after an hour or two I found life more tolerable. kissed the kids goodnight. I went to sleep early and awoke Saturday more myself. The dregs of the migraine still haunting my temples I had to use some care in the morning.


We returned here at mid-day Saturday!


We found the locker rooms and got help dressing the kids into the uniforms

This young boy was so helpful.
The 14 year olds do the work with the little kids They were great!


Our two looked so adorable all dressed out with the gear.
All of this was for free...just a deposit on the equipment.

I found the sounds rattled my head a bit. I was in a bad way with pain and was so enjoying being with my family. It was so fun to see them have such a opportunity.
It was so cold in the rink like being inside a refrigerator. Daddy Man and I snuggled in the stands. He forgot his jacket but I had grabbed two blankets and I was glad I had.

This boy was so good.
He was told of Dash's Hearing impairment and looked in his face when he spoke to him. The two siblings were able to be togeather and that was perfect!


Dove has the orange leg warmers on, she was so easy for us to spot.

The time was extended from one hour to almost two for the rink was not being used right away.
It was so fun. And My Beloved and I had time to see joy and to have a new focus of Hokey. It was fun! We got home and rested a couple hours then we were off to...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 4 P.M. We had a Party to attend with ?40-50 others

A Bon Voyage Party for the daughter of a friend. This Young wife and mother was but a babe in her mothers arms on my wedding day. Now she had a baby and a husband who is going with her to another Country to work for a year. What an adventure is in front of them.
Daddy Man and the kids had fun on the trampoline While I helped the hostess a little.

The calm before the crouds...

She set a lovely buffet and everyone had more than they could desire.

One of the guest had set up a system that he lugged over including the large TV, and game. It was "Rock Band" I think that was what they called it. It is a carioke on steroids, drum, guitar,base and vocals. I had fun playing the drums and Dove had the guitar down. It was a lot of fun. I am so out of what is modern and current. I knew some of the '80's hits but wow have things changed.

It was really fun!

This young woman was a little girl when I taught her Sunday school.

It was fun to sing together as women. Life is so fast!
Don't blink!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Well the decision being made. God provided the best boxes!
I made two trips one Saturday and one today. The Produce man is kindly saving them for me.
I begin packing boxes tomorrow!
I will thin down the house drastically.
My Sister gave this link on naked room solutions
I will be doing a lot of packing and such.
Taxes too and all my daily chores. Life just got a lot more interesting!
We are so thrilled at our future. It will take a work ethic of great proportion and courage. We are facing a great adventure in humility to gain freedom. I am so grateful that it is by choice and not necessity. Many are suffering around the states. I trust that there is a buyer for this home. I hope that we do not have to sit too long with a storage unit bill.

To be able to give our family the freedom from financial strain will be the gain of all the sacrifices we are about to embark on.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, such a fun, exciting, and very busy weekend sis.

Spider Lady said...

sounds like you all had a fun fill busy weekend!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness