Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tales from the scales challenge and group.


My begining at 193 pounds. Boy I can not believe I am so drastic,
This has got to work!

Tales_sept_button_square

Well I have been attempting discipline to reduce my weight. I really do well with the Tackle it Tuesday. I need some support to do this maybe it might help. I have to gain back my health and am scared about my knee but I'll do what I am able too.
They have all the info on the sight. click on the side bar button.

Folks, as "I was typing this" the news came in.

I got a call from my orthopedic surgeons office . My shots are there,I have been approved by my insurance! However the surgeon is on extended medical leave (say a prayer he is a great guy). I spoke with a friend who is a family doc. he is going to call a guy he know to see if I can get in to have the INJECTIONS a 3-4 inch needle= being able to walk again and get this goal in my sights! Wow a new guy to meet and let him do the work this takes some courage!

O.K. My friend, who is a family doctor, was able to have his office staff call and get me into a buddy of his. I have an appointment to get the first of three weekly injections into my knee!!!!!!!!!! On Friday!
Panic-scream (silently) as to keep a brave face for my family!
This will set me to be able to walk soon. I hope this makes the difference. I have such a limp from the rebounding effect of pain. I am so hoping this does well for me. I am so blessed to even be able to have these injections they do not come cheep. It appears the insurance may have paid 100% on them I do hope so. Otherwise it will be a hit on the credit card the pharmacy has on file. I'm nervous about it a little. Yes me. I know I must think about the chap stick :)
Man I got bit by something on the bottom of my foot is all swollen "good grief!" Must just be another distraction! ha!
I WILL DELIGHT IN THE PROVISION OF MY GOD ON MY BEHALF!

The weather is just now cooling so I will be able to be out doors. God's perfect timing.

This is the begining. I'll go fetch the shots tomorrow to take them to the other ortho doc.

Beloved took the images and made the collage for me. He is very supportive. I really do want my body back. This is a remarkable opportunity to make use of the next 6-9 months of joint support through the "chicken juice" that is what they call it. It sometimes has been even known to cause new cartilage to grow. I have bone on bone right now. I have to do this. I choose too. With the goal met I will then (I trust with less weight ) be able to walk and enjoy activities with my family.

5 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

A-hem--(throat clearing)---did you say 3-4 inch needle???
I just fainted! ---------okay, I may be able to finish this....girl, you are one strong cookie! I absolutely cannot handle shots. Call me a baby, call me a wimp....I don't mind. Trust me. It's ok.
I will pray!!!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Zoinks! Needle in the knee makes me a little woozy, too! Hope it makes you feel lots better! Welcome to the challenge. :-)
Path to Health

Denise said...

I love you, and I am covering you in prayer.

JUST A MOM said...

BRAVE IN DEED MY DEAR FRIEND,,,,, I will say that those numbers do NOT match yoru body. I ma chearing you on. love ya and I just might be able to join you on Saturday woo hohoooo

Anonymous said...

Donetta,

I join weight watchers a few weeks back. Perhaps we can encourage each other. BTW, where do you live?

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness