Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finding Courage through blogging

Join us.
Gaby's World
CMCblogcarnival

This month was open topic.
I have thought a lot about what I have to share. This has been a month with each child being put to sleep for medical procedures. Dove had surgery to remove two teeth and Dash had to have three fillings. They both amazed me.
What I experienced encouraged me. They are gaining maturity. They are pracicing better self control. They are being ABLE! Able to do what they can do, and able to do what I have taught them to do to handle the difficult chalenges that life will throw at you. Beloved and I both stand pleased to see the development progress. The prognosis of the phyciatrist being disproved and the hope for a better future being instilled and played out.
My Sweet Daughter turned 11 this month. She is so small for her age and behind her aged peers by two years. She is just perfect a small child who will fit in perfectly and be more mature now going into 4th grade. She will be a bit more savy (I trust). If she were in 5th or 6th grades she would be a victem of bullying or manipulations. God has kept here right where she needs to be. I do not know if by mid year I will need an Indivisual Education Program for her or not. She is doing well. Math and memory issues a problem but trusting God for this dear child is choice.
She sailed through the surgery and the recovery. I did not tell you of how God provided a doctor who let Both of us be with her until she was a sleep. God has a special provision for our special needs kids. People and places times and seasons of HIS intervention.
Dash did so well this week. I was so worn of the week that I had his Daddy attend. The last time they gave him vicodin and he fought us so hard that I got hurt holding him (both physically and emotionally) just to do a filling. This sweet son of mine halusonated that we were hurting him. The memories of Russia thought the attendant. I grieved for months after that. This time however we were able to use a different medication coctail and he fought sleeping so hard. He did however want to show his Dad how well he could do. I never saw anything like it!
He did so well!
I have to get him wearing his hearing aides again, he is not happy about it.
Dove... she even sat (FOR THE FIRST TIME )
in a room by herself (we were two open doors down) without a panic attack!

I am so relieved to see that the wounds in their hearts and minds are healing.
That the disabilities and delays are evening out.
Time is healing.
Maturation is setting in.
All the hard work and years of tremendous effort is paying off!
My children are becoming ABLE more than disable to do and to be.
They both feel real good about the efforts they make indipendantly to overcome and to effort to do and be their best.
My courage did not halt or faulter.
I was so tired so many times over these long years.
Now...Now the payoff.
Healthy children.

Able.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Very precious.

Jen said...

Praise the Lord! What a wonderful update...even with the "going to sleep." Thanks for sharing your blessings with us, Donetta.

Jen @ Unique But Not Alone

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness