Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Carded by a friend

I have thought about this today....
5 gifts I would like to receive in 2008....
To me a gift comes from another's heart to mine freely. It is not something that I can ask for or by definition it is then no longer a gift in the purest since of the word.

Of all the many Gifts I am given It is my desire to truly be able to "receive" them

1.Peace as in the absence of strive and striving after the wind. It is a gift that would preserve me even in the midst of every battle. If I could receive and hold on to this every moment and never forget it is mine I would really succeed. Trusting for HIS best interest is over me.
2. I want to be able to deeply receive the truth about how God sees me, Beautiful treasured and captivating. Whole, perfected through his unmerited favor.
3. I desire to be the best parent for my children in my own eyes. He placed my chosen children into my life and I desire to embrace this when I err to never falter in the truth of this. I become so depressed when I falter...as an adoptive Mother the wound remains that I must live up to a higher standard for I have been given such a great privilege.
4. I desire to be captivating to my husband in such a way that I take his breath away! My body needs to be better cared for for many reasons this is only one of them. I desire to walk in my own power and shine so brightly that he looks at me that way when I giggle and know that he is pleased with who he sees. Not only sexually but in every way.
5. I wish for the treasure of hand fashioned creations from other crafts women and men. I love the glorious handy work of crochet wash cloths of absorbent cottons, the needle work, or creative arts of any thing with the heart poured into it. That is an expression of pure love and sacrifice those gifts from the heart that were stitched just for me... That each time I touch it I heal in the knowledge that someone was thinking of me and that "I am" ...that I belong here on this planet...rooted and established in the hearts of others who are too, rooted in love. Maybe that sounds strange but each thing I have been given has had this amazing healing effect and that feeling of my life time is begining to fade (I was always such a black hole). I always felt like I was an alien here on this earth, and that I did not belong. I have this apron I got in a swap and she made this dish cloth and when I use it something wonderful happens it is like I am loved. Weird maybe but so has been my journey. When I create I put a little part of myself in it. I find that "piece of another" in those things. That is an awkward one to share.

1. Trisha at "Photo Daughter of the King"
2. "Nazarene Family Services"
3. Michell at "Life in the midst of Writing"
4. Bob at "Bobs Blog"
5. Kalani "Island Review"
Here are the rules:1. Each player starts with 5 gifts that they would want for the New Year.2. People who are “CARDED” need to write their own Blog about their 5 things & post these rules.3. At the end of your Blog, you need to choose 5 people to get “CARDED” and list their names.4. Don’t forget to leave them a COMMENT telling them they’re “CARDED”, and to read your Blog.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Wonderful list.

Amrita said...

Thank you for doing this post Donetta and so beautifully.May God grant each desire of your heart.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness