Sunday, August 19, 2007

Out with a class room in with a studio.


As early as 2000 I had a class room set up in the family room. I taught Dove pre-k. some of K and then because we ere going to Russia to get Dash, we placed her into a public K., She attended some of 1st grade in public ,but the school was a charter and they did not have to follow government access to special needs for kids, she was being pulled out of class twice a week. an aide would work with her, although I appreciated it; well, it was not someone with the skill set that she should have worked under. The school was very accelerated and it damaged Doves esteem. I watched her decline and pulled her out mid 1st grade. Only to find out that be had been being targeted by a bully. I taught her 1st grade and second grade yet we had a lot going on. Our Son came home VERY ill. I had a radical hip-hip hysterectomy 6 weeks later. Dash had two surgeries within his first 6 months home.


Dove thrived loving to learn and help. Dad found her one day mopping, too sweet. Well we brought her baby brother home from Russia when he was a very ill 10 month old who needed a lot of medical attention. I taught full year round. Very intentional of all the base foundational topics. I placed a hight emphasis on character development. I taught them why our family held our beliefs, health, science , math, geography with a strong emphasis on culture and societal belief systems. Reading and Art being two we really celebrated with gusto. I was so busy teaching that I am grieved to find very little photo records. I never just got to be "mom"


My children know the continents and the socio economic characteristics of nations and peoples. They understand them selves in space and on the earth even down in to the communities they live in.

We loved school and a school it was.I have supplied all aspects with everything imaginable to equip them with the wonder of education. Behind them is the widow that is in the studio. Each child is computer literate and they understand hardware and software of the mainframes. I subscribed to some wonderful home schooling providers and we used A Beka, and many other recourses. We made a A huge investment in the future.

In the spring of 2007 we had our 25th wedding anniversary. It was the first time Beloved and I had a rest in some time. All the while we home schooled we also kept pace with a multitude of therapy for Occupation, speech, physical, Psychologist and psychiatrist for medication to be maintained. I was worn out!
The academic and social aspects were needing a greater focus (we did do a lot of play dates as well). It was time for me to let go of a life long dream and a mission I had worked so hard at being competent in. I was over my head. When Beloved lost a career (the plant closed down) that then also called my other skills into a greater need. Mind you I have always been a professional homemaker but my skills had become in greater demand
I waited 16 years before we finally had adopted Dove, We were married 20 years before I had Dash as my Son. All the while facing the battles and trials of life. Surgeries to many to count.
It was time to let go.
After a big fight with God a let go. I have overcome and learned a lot about trusting HIM with my children . Home school was not a mistake! It set them up very well with strong foundations and a greater understanding than most children, then even most adults :)


So now here is the new, After obeying God I have received a new sewing machine worth over $8000. (that I returned so that the giver would know that they were loved unconditionally) It came back to me and now I have a woman who knows I love her and a new machine ( my other was a 1957 phaff), Fabric galore, A "dream" of a beading center that I longed for since childhood. (several people gave me beads) I also invested in some estate sales on e-bay (hours of sorting).
Just this week I received a gift, a new professional cutting table. My sister who also recently moved gave me threads for embroidery, and many other tools, fabrics and supplies.


This weekend The STUDIO became the focus for attention.
I turned this big job into what is to follow

The embroidery machine is covered foreground.

I also just received a whole new wardrobe from a woman who passed away.
Her daughter and I stayed up late into the night recently speaking of the things of the spirit.
With the loss of my husbands former career we lost 2/3 of our income and if it were not for that we would not be qualifying for federal aide for our son who may have Ushers Syndrome ( a condition where total blindness/deafness is at threat).
You see God has His eye on the sparrow!
This is one of the tops that was given to me.

I altered it and added a little more pizazz.
I am a little embarrassed to show you my Studio. It is a culmination of so many gifts that I am crying now to show it to you.
LOVE is one of the only things that will bring me to tears.
I learned in childhood never to cry. I have been given so much.
This is what I was able to do with it this weekend.

A messy beading table. I placed the fold out table collapsed behind it to add a little depth. I can fold out the wing if I do several lay outs at a time. For mass production to sell things at craft shows and up at the Pine Gallery.

Well, cleaned up it looked like this. Following the lead of one of New Chelse Morning, I started a nice journal of images, I am inspired by. I have studied color for wardrobe and make up extensively. I use this knowledge in clothing and jewelry design.

It looked like this afterward.
In another image below Beloved put up a photo shelf over the left side.

I had all this yet to sort out, and many small jobs are represented here. My sewing table gets to be a family catch all. Under the table I stored the tempura and paint supplies, the bin is full of batting and quilting supplies. Under the sewing wing are bins sorted by textiles and various findings and such. The home school papers are yet to be sorted in this image. A bitter sweet job.

Looking up, in by inch.
I hung the stained glass quilt blocks above the four corner windows. They are so beautiful (they too, were a sweet gift)

After a long day of little jobs and fun creative expression.
The scraping job of our Indian wedding is in a few bins under the table too.

For years I have kept little storage bins of findings, buttons, zippers, items separated by like things, tubing, keys and key bobs, cutting tools, leather working tools, rulers/protractors,you get the idea. I have the big binders divided into year/months for the scrapping I have yet to do. My study books, bible references. Parenting books are here, with hazardous things up high. This still needs a good work out. This once was all the teaching resources, so I have not gotten it all the way it needs to be. I created a little home office off to the left. We made a private room for Hubby so he has his space. He has the mens support group there weekly.

See the pink shelf he put up.

This corner is still wanting.
Beloved gave me the jewelers desk for my birthday two years ago.
That big stack to the sky is sewing and repair jobs in the cue. You'll see them as I get to it.

This is my nitch. Beloved turned my study table into a monitor stand. The blue basket on the floor is all the work to be done to our master address list. As I told you I was poured out. So many things were neglected due to just nothing of me left for so long.
This is the rocker I raised both children in. Under the desk wing are the storage bins of supplies. Almost all of them acquired over the years off of clearance racks or thing retired and given to me by fellows. Many elders have honored me with the things they once held so dear.
I look forward to the months ahead. Where now I have learned that it does matter that I pursue the arts. That is who I am an artist . A Mother is who I get to be now, that I have more time to just be with the kids. I will always be their first and primary teacher. I receive the privilege to have others help me give them an academic education. I just get to be what I always waited for and longed to be "a Mother". An "artist" , "writer" and a "home maker" who is a very loved "friend" and "Wife" to a man who loves God.

No comments:

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness